Ch. 18

Nialls POV

"...Niall?" I heard Kats voice squeak quietly. My head shot up and I ran to the next room to see Jake standing with a gun pointed to Kats head, smirking. He was smirking.

"Where the hell did you shoot?!" I yelled.

"I have 3 bullets in this gun. If I shoot and there's no bullet in it, she's safe. If I shoot and there is, well she's dead." He smirked.

"Don't fucking shoot her!"

"Okay Niall, I'll give you two choices. I either shoot her, or you."

"Me! Shoot me!" I instantly yelled.

"That might be a bad idea. Why don't you take time to think? Maybe Kat wants to say something." He winked, ripping the tape off her mouth.

"Niall don't! Let him shoot me!" She cried.

"Kat..no." I said, walking closer to her. Jake didn't seem to care now.

I sat next to her and kissed her.

"I love you Kat." I whispered.

"I-I love you too Niall" she stuttered.

I stood up and kissed her head, then turned to Jake. He pointed the gun at my head.

"Ready?" He asked.

"No." I cried honestly.

He was about to pull the trigger, but I reached up and grabbed the gun from him. He was surprised so didn't get it back. I pointed it at him.

"The cops are almost here Jake. I called them before I walked in here. They heard everything that was going on. You're going to be arrested for good Jake." I snarled. He looked scared. He turned behind him, and jumped out of the window. Holy. Fuck.

I quickly untied Kat and we ran out to see the cops chasing after Jake in a car. We climbed in our car and started driving too.

We followed Jake around for at least 3 hours.

Now we were who knows where! And then...the unbelievable happened.

Jake wasn't looking where he was going, and hit a tree. Slam.. There's no way he could've survived that.

"So how did you say he died?" Zayn asked me on the phone.

"High speed car crash.." I whispered.

"Shit man.."

"I know..it's sad but I'm just happy he won't bother Kat now. She's so upset though, I feel terrible."

"There was nothing you could've changed Niall. Don't feel bad over this." Zayn said.

"I'll try. But I'm gonna go now. Kat's waking up." I said.

"Alright man."

"Niall..." Kat whispered, walking over to me.

"Good morning love. How'd you sleep?"

"Not so well.."

"I'm sorry. Do you want to go out anywhere today?"

"Not really Niall. I just want to stay here. With you."

"Okay, okay.. That's fine. We can do that." I smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys so I know this is REALLY short, but there was a shooting at my school yesterday and I just can't think straight. I wasn't there, so I'm safe. But 2 kids got shot and I knew them personally. One of them was a good friend of mine too.. And I also know the shooter personally. We talked some and he was always nice to me. I never thought something like this would happen.. The one I know is so far doing a lot better but the other one who got shot is in critical condition still..he's had 2 surgery's and I'm just really worried. Please pray for everyone affected by this.......