trust me

Safaree's pov

I woke up around 3 am and nicki was asleep laying on my chest. she was burning up I could tell she was sweating all over my shirt so I decided to take her jacket off. I gently moved from under her being careful not to wake her up. once she was lying on the couch I gently took her jacket off and I noticed that there was cuts all over both her arms. when I saw the cuts my heart dropped. Why would nicki cut herself? she is so beautiful and so caring I don't know why people are so mean to her. I want to help her thru this so tomorrow I'm going to ask nicki to move in with me. I laid nicki on the couch and kissed her forehead. I then laid next to her on the floor and fell asleep.

I woke up and nicki was laying next to me on the floor with her head on her chest. she must of waken up in the middle of night. I tried to get up without waking her up but it was too late "good morning safaree" she said getting up "can you tell me where the bathroom is?" I noticed she had her jacket back on. "yeah its upstairs the second door on the left" she got up and went upstairs while I sat there thinking about how I was going to ask her about the cuts. she came back downstairs with a smile on her face I was going to tell her now.

"NIcki we need to talk" I got up and sat on the couch and she sat next to me.

"about what"

"About you cutting"

"what are you talking about safaree" she said looking down at the ground

"Nicki I saw the cuts on your arms last night"

"I don't want to talk to about it" she said as a tear started to fall from her cheek. I grabbed her hand and kissed it "Nicki you can trust me I just want to help you and if you want me to be your friend we cant keep secrets between each other so please just tell me why you cut"

"okay" she said looking me in the eyes and wiping her tears away " before you I've never had any true friends. its always been my me and mom which was fine I loved my mom she was my best friend but when she passed away it seemed like my whole world fell apart. My dad started drinking and became violent and sometimes he would hit me . I pushed the what little friends I did have away and on top of all that my grades started to slipping and on top of all that kids at school wouldnt stop messing with me. so cutitng was my way of coping with everything that was going on. cutting was the only thing that made me feel better.

"Well nick you've got me now and I promise I'm not going to hurt you and I promise that I'm always going to be there for you" I said to her pulling her into a hug she started to cry

"You promise? can I really trust you" she said crying into my shirt

"Nicki I promise with all my heart and to show how much I mean it I want you to move it with me"

She looked at me with a surprised face "oh my gawd" she said "really? what about your parents?"

"Well my mom she left me and my dad when I was little and my dad has a new family so he doesn't live her anymore he just pays for the place. so It would be just me and you and you can move in under one condition"

"And what's that" she said

"We can't keep any secrets from each other we have to be completely honest"

"Okay" she said. she started to cry some more and she hugged me even tighter.

"Safaree I am so grateful for you. you are the best friend I have ever had. thank you so much!"

"So I I'll take that as yes that your moving in?"

"Yessss!" She practically screamed. I gently grabbed her face so she was looking at me "nicki I promise to the best friend you have always wanted" she looked at me and smiled and I wiped her tears away. "Come on" I said grabbing her hand.

"Where are we going?" she said

"We're are going to your house to get your stuff"

"Okay" she said with a little bit of fear in her voice. "it's going to be okay" I said hugging her again. A weak smile came across her face and we walked to the car.

When we got there I could tell that she was nervous just by the look on her face. "do you want me to come inside and help you " I said

"No I think I got this" she said

"Well I'm here if you need me" she got out of the car and went inside

Nicki's Pov

I got out of the car and walked to the door and I slowly opened it "daddy?" I called out but got no answer "daddy?" I said again but this time a little louder. I then heard his bedroom door open and him walk down the stairs.

"ONIKA!! WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN ALL NIGHT?!" he yelled

"I spent the night at a friends house I'm sorry I didn't tell you" I said looking and the ground. he came up close to my face he was drunk again.

"What friends? You don't have any friends I don't understand who would want someone as lousy like you as a friend" he said as he slapped me

"I do have friends daddy" I said as a started to shake from being so scared "well I have one friend"

"What's is her name?" He said getting closer in my face

"It's a boy he's name is safaree"

"A BOY! YOU LITTLE SLUT" he yelled as he punched me in my stomach causing me to fall on the ground. "daddy nothing happened! he just my friend" I said as I started to cry

"YEAH RIGHT I BET YOU FUCKED HIM GOOD YOU SLUT!" He started to kick me" DADDY PLEAE STOP" I screamed but he didn't stop he just continued to kick and punch me. I just laid there and screamed. I heard the front door open and safaree walked in

"GET THE FUCK OFF OF HER" safaree said running over to me and pushes my dad over. He started to punch and kick my dad. I ran upstairs into my room and locked the door and then I started to cry uncontrollably. about a minute or so later safaree knocked on my door.

"Nicki open up it's me" I heard the front door open and close so I assumed my dad left and it was safe to come out. I opened the door and ran into safaree arms and cried into his shirt. I just stayed like that for fives minutes. "safaree I'm sorry for always crying"

"No it's okay you can cry all you want that's what friends our for" I hugged for a little longer before I wiped my tears away and started to get all my stuff. soon all my stuff was in safaree's car and we were driving back to his house. When we got there I got out all of stuff and started to set it up in the room safaree had given me. I finished putting my room together I went downstairs to find safaree on the couch watching tv. I went and sat next to him. Then he stop looking at the tv and he looked at me. he then leaned in and he kissed me. I deepened the kiss and things got pretty heated. he started to put his hand up my shirt and I pulled out of the kiss.

"Safaree we got to stop I'm not ready for a relationship I told you that"

"I know I'm so sorry" he said " but nicki I really like you a lot I want you to be mine"

"Well I don't like you like that I that. I love you as my best friend"

"Oh okay" he said. he looked hurt. he then got up and went upstairs to his room.

Why did I say that? that was a total lie I loved safaree more than I loved anyone else. I loved him way more that a best friend. I was just scared. I'm not ready for a relationship I thought as I started to cry. and there you go with that crying again. I'm sorry I just can't help it. I got up and went to my room and cried myself to sleep.