fifteen

We got home at around 2am because the shopping center was so far away.

Blake stormed off all of a sudden after he took a phone call.

Currently, I'm scrolling through my Instagram which I can't be active on or else Blake would find out.

God, even my cyber life is a fucking prison here.

I hear the ancient clock downstairs chime 3 times, marking 3am.

The devils hour...

I feel a cold shiver run up my spine as my mind plays a trick on me, showing me a shadow in the corner of my eye.

Suddenly, I don't want to be here anymore and I grab my pillow, a blanket and a pen off my desk.

A pen is actually a very useful weapon- my brother once stabbed my arm with a red one and it left a small red dot imprinted on that spot.

The smallest tattoo ever? I think so.

Of course, we were only little kids then, we fought all the time.

Now, more than anything, I want to go home and argue over pointless shit with him.

I push my thoughts aside and shut the light and then the door and take off running to Blake's room.

I lightly knock and he grunts in response.

"Come in, Nadine." His voice replies.

Nadine? Maybe a maid?

I twist the door handle and walk in.

His jaw hardens when he sees me.

I frown at him.

"What's got a stick up your ass?" I ask.

"you." He snaps.

"What the hell did I do?" I ask.

"You're asking me what you did?" He asks me disbelievingly.

"Yes?" I reply.

"Forget it, why are you here?" He demands impatiently.

"I was kinda scared to uh- sleep alone because it's the devils hour." I tell him, biting my inner lip.

"God, I feel so stupid saying this." I mutter under my breath.

"And what do you want me to do about the fact that you're a fucking pussy?" He asks coldly.

"Let me sleep with you?" I state the obvious.

His eyes widen and he raises a brow at me.

"No- not in that way, I mean like- let me sleep here, I could take the couch but you don't have a couch-" I start off blabbering.

"It's fine, you can sleep on the floor." He mumbles.

I narrow my eyes at him.

"What if there's a ghost under the bed?" I frown.

"Or a cockroach or spider or something that crawls up my ear?" I add.

"Sleep on the bed. But stay the fuck away from me." He rolls his eyes.

"Rude." I mutter under my breath and climb onto the bed, lie down and pull the blanket up to my shoulders.

I'm almost offended by his attitude and I'm overly confused because what even have I done?

...

*Blake's POV*

"We died because of you Blake, we're so disappointed in you! What have you done with your life? Dealing women away for sex! Is that who I wanted you to become when I went through 14 hours of labour pain to give birth to you?" My mum spits at me.