Chapter Fourteen

©Copyrighted By Rebecca Beatty

All Rights Reserved

Bare with me on this chapter, if it’s difficult to read, or boring, or needs more action details PLEASE tell me! I need to re-edit this chapter, but I’ve been dying to post this chapter, because writer's block is trying to creep inside my head again and I can't let that happen! So here it is so please vote comment and read! Thanks y’all!

                                                             *******

Becky’s POV

I jumped over Jenny as I landed on one of the hay bales. Even though I was out of breathe, and I thought my body would collapse any minute from the extreme training. I paused, listening for the silent movements. The whisper of footsteps came from behind and as I turned around Jenny threw a hard right punch making its way to my right cheek. I blocked my opponent’s move and stuck back with a left hook. The hit had shook us both up, she collapsed on the ground and wasn’t moving, but was taking deep breathes. I on the other hand, was resting my hands on my knees trying to get the air back into my lungs. We exchanged looks and we both decided that we were done.

We had all pushed past our physical limits; our emotional standings had our bodies wanting, craving, some deep sleep.

Our human forms were put to the test. Our wolves went through torturing training, especially Jenny. Cheveyo said he would have to work with her more. He wasn’t upset, but he wasn’t happy that Jenny could focus hard enough to transform without me helping her.

Dusk had finally fallen and Cheveyo had started a fire. Taking a drink of my water and looking around, Austin and Cheveyo had overcame that awkward state and was being showed a few traditional ways of getting worked done. Jennifer and Rachel was sitting beside each other as they listened to Cheveyo tell the old tales.

Looking at the horizon, I could feel that it was time for me to head out. Walking back to Cheveyo’s home, I walked into his small guest room and started changing. I took the bodysuit and slipped one leg in and then the other. I felt the second skin cover every inch of my body. It stuck to my sides and slipping my arms through, the undesired smell of latex quickly filled the air as I zipped up the entire suit. I stretched the tight fabric out a bit as I slid on the black riding boots with a small heel.

I pulled my hair down and styled it just a tad; while looking into the mirror, I saw a disappointing face.

“You know that going to that awful place will just start trouble.” Cheveyo said as he stalked in and sat down on the end of the bed.

I leaned against the dresser and sighed. “I gotta find out more information.”

“You think that by going there some of those ignorant weres are going to tell you who exactly killed your parents?”

“No, but I have ways of getting information out of people. It’s not fair that all my ancestors died because of people being selfish.”

“You know it’s not right---”

I cut Cheveyo off, “Right? Is it right my parents are dead?! Is it right that every family member I ever got to meet has died!?”

Cheveyo’s eyes lost the shine as he stood up. “Watch you’re tone Becky… I may be an old wolf, but I’m your grandfather and you will respect me and my words.”

I crossed my arms and looked away. “My great-great grandfather…”

He shot me a glare and sat back down. “I swear child, you’re like every other female in our generation.”