Chapter Eight (Part One)

Copyrighted © Rebecca Beatty

All Rights Reserved

Alrighty! So I got a few comments and a bunch of private messages about last chapter. Everyone loved the bad-ass Becky! Lol so I would love to keep her in that “persona” I guess you could call it that or whatever you wish. But I had a pretty good Thanksgiving and I definitely want to add the Thanksgiving Holiday in these two chapters. So there’s going to be NO violence, maybe some arguments, but nothing serious, umm, there will be two parts, one of Becky’s POV and the other in William’s So…Oh! And there is a huge surprise at the end of this chapter!! Wanna know what it is?

*looks both ways and gestures for you to come closer*

*WHISPERS* Read both chapters and find out guys : - )

                                                                         *******

*Becky’s POV*

I pulled at my long dark hair for the millionth time, as I stared at my reflection in the mirror. A gold copper color sat on the top of my eyes lids sparkling against the ceiling light. Dark eyeliner was laying on my top lash line and brought twice the attention to my eyes. Along with some mascara, that was heavily placed on my lashes, giving the illusion that I had thicker lashes. A light bronze danced on the apples of my cheeks, as a cherry scented lip balm was applied to my lips.

Am I too dressed up,I asked myself as I looked pass the make up on my face, to the outfit I had chosen.

I sighed and looked over myself. I was going over to the Jones’ house for a ‘small family and friend’ Thanksgiving meal. Rachel and Jenny clued me in that this isn’t a plain gathering. Oh no, they told me to look good but don’t go over board. There would be a good number of people to show up.

At that moment, I tried to think of a reason to deny the invitation, but I couldn’t be rude. Not to the only two people that have welcomed me into their lives with open arms. So here I stood. . . picking out an outfit that’s not to simple and not to glammy.

I picked out a simple white summer dress with ruffles running around the bottom of my dress. Lace embroideries was covering the top half of my dress giving it a vintage feel. I paired the white dress with my simple, sienna, ankle cowgirl boots. But that was too simple. I need to look cute and nice but not simple, and definitely not flashy, award show.

I looked around my room and went through some unpacked luggage and found a thin brown belt. Looping it around my waist, I could feel this outfit start to come together. I found a pair of copper studded, cross earrings sitting on my nightstand and pushed them through the closing holes in my ears.

I heard my phone’s ringtone start to get louder and louder and the ringtone was Rachel’s. I rolled my eyes and grabbed it and my small clutch purse.

“If you’re calling me again to tell me to hurry up then I’m going to cancel.” I said laughing.

“Well that’s a yes and a no to that,” she said and I could hear the tension in her voice.

“Alright what’s up?” I slipped the sweater on and locked my Aunt and Uncle’s house up and walked down to my aunt’s vehicle.

“What’s up? Nothing’s up. I mean the sky is up, so are the clouds, and then at night you got the stars, the moon---”

“Rachel. . .”

“Are you in the car moving?”

“Yeah I’m driving down this amazing thing called a road. And this road will take me about five minutes away from my house and to your house. Oh my! Isn’t that amazing!?” I asked sarcastically.