Chapter Thirteen

Copyright © Rebecca Beatty

All Rights Reserved

So how does everyone like the previous chapter? I know a few people message me which shocked me and a lot of people was pissed at Jen! Kind of the reaction I wanted to go for. I wanted it too look like she was coming out of her shell more and to not take crap, I want to show how strong she is.

By the way, New character! Cheveyo means Spirit Warrior it’s also comes from the Native American Tribe Hopi. So let me know what you think of him, also if you want to know what he looks like I’ll have a picture on the side, and I’m basing him off Floyd “Red Crow” Westerman (picture on the side). He played in Hidalgo as the Chief.

This chapter, however, I’m excited about. This is the chapter that I think everyone will think that maybe Becky is going too far in finding the killers of her parents. And it’s looking like it’s going to be split up into two chapters, oh boy. So now that I mentioned that lol, read this chapter and let me know what you think. Read, comment, and vote.

*******

Becky’s POV

The long drive from Elizabeth to Coyote Springs, Nevada took a full day’s drive. The sun was bright and sat high in the sky. Her intense rays of light bounced off my dark shades and in the distance, I could see hot heat waves in the distance. I wiped the back of my hand against my forehand and clutched the sweaty steering wheel tighter once again. The AC had stopped working about half way into the trip, and we all were feeling it, some more than others. I mean, we don’t need it. We’re only driving in ninety-eight degree weather. One thing I always hated about the Southwest was the extremely blistering weather.

Looking out the corner of my eye, my gamma, Rachel was leaned back in the passenger seat, her weapons called heels, were planted firm against the dashboard, while her toned legs were visible thanks to her shorts. We stopped about a hundred miles back and we all changed our clothes. Rachel had put on a tube top that showed almost everything she had to offer. Her Aviator sunglasses blocked out all the sun’s rays, as she rested her head against the palm of her hand; which was almost out the window. Her short black hair was parted down the right side and was sleek and full of gel as it was plastered against her head.

Peeking into the rearview mirror, I saw Jenny staring out the window while Austin was typing away on his laptop. Jenny had changed into a pair of black ribbed shorts and paired it with a light weight v neck shirt. Her long hair was pulled up in a high ponytail, and she had on a pair of Puma sneakers. She looked distracted ever since we left Elizabeth, but she hasn’t spoken to anyone about it, and I made sure me nor Rachel tried reading her mind or the thoughts inside.

When we pulled over, Austin had changed into some camouflage cargo shorts, and a black wife beater tank. He still had on his black sneakers and a black hat, but he wasn’t adjusting to the heat as well as everyone else.

“How come y’all ain’t burning up and dying like I am? I figured your fur coats would make you sweat just as much.” He asked as he lifted his came and ran his fingers through his hair.

“Well when it’s the winter time we really don’t notice it because our wolf has---” Jenny started to answer him.

“I was being sarcastic, you know what that means right,” he said harshly.

Jenny glared at him and I broke up the fight that was about to start. “Guys, I know it’s hot but watch the attitudes ok.”

It was back to be quiet until Austin whined. “I’ve seen this in a movie before… yep; this scene was definitely in The Chainsaw Massacre.”