34 - Screw The Dare

(Dress options above: depending on preference; some courtesy of @supersakina34)

JAIMIE PERRON

"I knew it." I laugh, walking up to see Jenni and Brooklyn. His arms are around her waist, noses almost touching. They jump apart when they hear me and Jenni flushes red.

"Dont be embarrassed, baby. They'll be doing it soon." He chuckles, cocking his head at Alden who is walking up from a little further away. Jenni flushes deeper and he smiles at her cheekily. She bites her lip but stops blushing, casting an embarrassed glance at me, in response I roll my eyes.

"Oh hell no. Especially not calling me baby." I say, scrunching my nose up in distaste. Brooklyn laughs, hand around Jen's waist. He shuffles into her.

We are by the outdoor benches on the concrete yard. I know that we get looked at by the other groups. We are the badasses because of the boys, but I don't think they are anymore. Alden was an asshole, but now he is a guy, who breaks the law a bit. I cant imagine him being romantic like Brooklyn. He will never do that. I need to stop planning ahead, chances are he will revert back to his old ways.

"I think Alden will have something to say about that. He likes his PDA." He continues, looking at me with a smirk. I shake my head, arms crossed over my chest.

"We aren't even together." I argue, just as Alden joins us. He looks at me, head tilted to the aide. I shake my head to deter him.

"You always call your girls 'baby', dont you?" Brooklyn asks Alden. He directs a smirk at him, regarding Jenni, before answering.

"Well, yeah. Why?"

"Because Jaimie hates it."

He looks at me curiously, arms across his chest. He is drawn up to his full height.

"Oh, I will be calling you baby soon enough." He grins, "I've placed bets on it."

"Cocky bast*rd." I fire back.

"Still feisty are we, princess?"

"You dont have a chance. What chance does a dog have with a princess, anyway?" I say, and he throws his head back laughing. Brooklyn gives him a glare that says he should be in a psychiatric hospital.

Jenni gives me a questioning glance and Alden puts an arm over my shoulders. I try to wriggle away but his football muscles keep me there.

"What the f*ck? Why is he a dog?" Brooklyn asks, staring between us. I dont miss the wink he sends him and I shove his arm off. He rolls his eyes at me as I explain.

"Well, a little girl," I start, looking at Alden. He smiles to tell me I was right not to mention it, "Was playing matchmaker. She wrote a story about how he," I say, poking him, "Was a wolf. I was the princess and he was a dirty dog that nobody liked. She even drew a picture."

Brooklyn laughs, and Jenni does too. They look at each other and it is a little pathetic. I get you like her but you are allowed to look away! If anyone did that to me, was that weird with me, I wouldn't be with them for very long.

And the 'baby' thing? That's kind of ridiculous. I hate the whole principle that the male is the superior and gets to control you. It infers that the girl is weak and like a child, and in my previous relationships they weren't necessarily stronger than me. Well, Alden is.

What is wrong with me, we aren't even in a relationship!

"That's not quite how it happened." Alden corrects me. I shrug and he continues, wrapping an arm around my waist which I shuffle out of with raised eyebrows. He laughs at me like I am a stubborn child. I just don't want to be all soppy with him, I wouldn't if we were together. Which we aren't.