fourty-four | everyone

The next day, Jake's mom dropped Chloe and her friends off at the park beside the hockey arena.

Daniel, who seemed to actually look forward to spending his day face planting into the ice, ran into the main area - where the rink was.

Adam and the rest of her team were already there, but they hadn't noticed them yet.

Chloe and her friends caught up with him eventually. Audrey bent over and rested her hands on her knees as she panted. "Daniel, you know I hate running. Why would you do that?"

Daniel turned to Audrey and smirked. "That's exactly why I did it."

The groups' heads were then snapped towards the direction of a loud thump.
Chloe laughed and watched Luis stumble back up onto his feet.

His eyes lit up. "Hey, guys!" Luis said, almost slipping over again.
Jake laughed. "You okay, man?"
Luis rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah... I'm still trying to work on stopping."

Luis stepped out of the rink and stumbled over to them, since he was wearing his skates.

Chloe laughed and held one of his arms, whilst Luke held the other.

Chloe noticed that Luis wasn't wearing his hockey kit - in fact, none of his friends were.

Jesse then realised that Luis was missing from the rink. He looked around and was happy to see that he was stood with Chloe and her friends.
"Hey, guys! They're here!" Jesse yelled.

Everyone stopped playing when Jesse announced that their friends had arrived. They all raced over to the boards.

"Hey, guys!"
"You made it!"
"Babe!"

Chloe giggled and let go of Luis' arm. She ran over to Adam, cautiously stepping onto the ice, before wrapping her arms around his neck and grinning.

Adam smirked and gently placed a kiss on her lips. "Hey."

They then heard a thud. Adam and Chloe spun around and saw Luis on the floor. Luke was stood beside him, laughing. "I'm sorry, he was stumbling after you let go and I couldn't help myself."

"Luke, you jerk." Addison laughed, helping Luis up.
Once she'd pulled him up, Luis purposely stammered closer to her.
He smirked. "Thanks."

Charlie rolled his eyes. "Luis, stop flirting."
Luis pouted as Charlie turned to Dwayne. "Ready to round up?"

Chloe furrowed her brows as Dwayne nodded. She raised her finger. "Do we need skates, or..."

Connie nodded. "I almost forgot! You guys can't skate without actual skates!" She laughed.

Connie grabbed Guy's hand. "Follow us. We've got some spares."

***

"So, what exactly is round up?" Riley asked as she skated beside Julie on the ice.

Julie chuckled. "It's really fun. Basically, we all have to skate away from Dwayne, because he's trying to rope us. Once he's caught you, you're out. The last person left wins."

Riley slowly nodded. "That does sound fun. But I think you guys might wanna help us actually skate first."

Julie nodded and grinned. "That's a smart idea."

***

After many attempts of Chloe trying to stop, she finally got the hang of it, thanks to Adam. He also helped her skate faster and taught her some of his fancy tricks. She hadn't quite nailed those yet.

Jake was still having trouble stopping, as was Audrey. Addison could skate really fast and was able to stop, but she struggled with sharp turns.

Daniel got the hang of it all pretty easily, along with Riley and Luke.

"I-I don't know whether this is such a good idea." Audrey stammered as Dwayne swung his rope around.

Chloe chuckled and patted Audrey's shoulder. "It's fine! This is only for fun, and besides, we've got a whole day skating, so we better get used to it."

"Let's go!" Charlie yelled as Dwayne grinned.

Everyone skated off into separate directions. Dwayne started to yell and skate around, looking for someone to pick on.

Addison was the first person to get out, because she was able to turn quick enough. Averman then followed. He was hiding in the net, so Dwayne caught him pretty easily.

Chloe was skating around the edge of the rink, holding onto the sides, as she heard Dwayne holler her name. "Oh, crap." She mumbled.

Chloe started to skate faster as Luis came up beside her. He then started to pick up his pace. Luis turned his head. "You might wanna skate a little faster." He grinned.

Chloe smirked. "You might wanna turn around."
"What-" Before Luis could say anything else, he crashed into the boards.

Chloe burst into fits of laughter before turning and skating away from Dwayne. She looked around to see Dwayne roping Luis. He threw his arms up in the air before skating over to the bench and joining Addison and Averman.

After about five minutes, Adam, Charlie, Dean, Ken, Chloe and Daniel were the only ones left.

Adam skated up to Chloe and grabbed her hand. "What about we try something fancy?" He asked.

Chloe shook her head and laughed. "I still haven't got the hang of those yet."
Adam made a 'pft' noise and skated ahead of her. He then jumped and spun in the air before smoothly landing back onto the ice. "Try that." Adam smirked.

Chloe shook her head again. She turned to see Charlie being roped by Dwayne. Chloe turned back to Adam. "No way."

"Go on." Adam smirked. "You can do it."
Chloe playfully rolled her eyes. "Fine."

Chloe bit her lip before jumping in air and spinning. To her surprise, she landed. Chloe's eyes lit up. "I did it!"

Adam laughed and slowly began to skate away. Chloe started to follow him, but she lost her balance and fell. She landed on her stomach and groaned.

Chloe saw Adam skating further away. "Hey, wait for me!"
Adam shrugged and smirked. "Sorry, babe."

"Gotcha!" Dwayne yelled.
Chloe groaned. Dwayne helped her up. "You're out!" He grinned.

Chloe turned see her boyfriend at the other end of the rink, next to Daniel. They were both laughing.

"That's real funny, Adam." Chloe said.
"I love you!" Adam replied.

Chloe playfully rolled her eyes before joining everyone else on the bench.