thirty-eight | everyone

In the end, the Ducks won - thanks to Dean, who managed to take one more life right before their time ran out.

The minute Luke and Audrey saw one of the park's most famous rides, they didn't hesitate to run up and join the queue.

Adam and Chloe followed them, hand in hand, looking up at the tall ride.
"I probably should've thought this through... I'm not very good with rides like this." Chloe laughed.

"Me neither." Averman nervously grinned.
The rest of the group had caught up with Adam and Chloe, and they were all debating whether they wanted to join Audrey and Luke.

"I'm up for it." Dean said, who turned to Fulton.
The Bash Brothers exchanged a handshake before yelling and running over to Audrey and Luke.

"Let's just go on it." Russ said.
Ken nodded in agreement. "Why not, huh?"
"I can think of so many reasons." Averman laughed, brushing his hand through his curly hair.

Adam looked over to Chloe, who looked just as scared as Averman.
He squeezed her hand. "You don't have to go on it, you know?"

Chloe dragged her eyes away from the ride and towards Adam. She forced a smile. "It's fine. It's not like we're gonna be doing this often, then we might as well."

Adam smirked and placed a kiss on his girlfriend's forehead. "You're the best."

***

Chloe and Averman had to admit that the ride wasn't that bad after all. Goldberg, however, ran to the trash can the minute he was able to stumble off the ride.

Jesse laughed as he made his way up to him. He patted the goalie on the back. "Let it all out, man."

"Well," Averman said, walking up beside Chloe. "at least we're okay."
Chloe chuckled as Adam wrapped his arm around Chloe and pulled her closer to his side.

***

"Candyfloss, anyone?" Charlie hollered as the large group approached the snack bar.

Eruptions of voices, all cheering, made Charlie smile. He offered to pay for them all, which he was okay about since some people still felt sick from the ride earlier, so they thought it would be a smart idea if they didn't get any.

Chloe didn't get any candyfloss either, along with Goldberg, Dwayne, Julie, Averman, Riley, Luke and Ken.

"Are you sure don't want any?" Adam asked as Charlie handed him his stick of candyfloss.

He took a chunk out and offered it to Chloe. She bit her lip.
Adam cocked a brow and chuckled. "I know you want it."
Chloe playfully rolled her eyes. "Okay, fine."

She took it and shoved it in her mouth. Chloe loudly swallowed before holding her stomach.
"Are you okay?" Adam asked.
She nodded and weakly smiled. "That's the only thing I'm having for the rest of the day."

Adam chuckled and pulled her into a side a hug. "You're so cute."
Chloe gave him a childish and over-exaggerated smile, making him chuckle even more.

"I can't believe I'm turning down food right now..." Goldberg remarked.
"I mean, you did just puke." Guy stated.

Connie took a part off the candyfloss she was sharing with Guy and shoved it into her mouth. "What do you guys wanna do next?"

Chloe shrugged as the group made their way to a fortunately empty bench.
Luis ran towards it, since he knew there wasn't gonna be enough places to sit for everyone. Dean and Fulton followed.

Everyone ended up squashing together so they were able to fit. Chloe uncomfortably shuffled in between Adam and Luis.

Luis chuckled and moved his face closer to Chloe's. "This is cosy."
Chloe laughed and put her hand on Luis' cheek, pushing his face away.

Luis pouted as Adam leaned over. "You're hilarious, Luis."

Luis chuckled and gave him a cheeky smile before shoving a piece of candyfloss into his mouth. "Hey, thanks, man!"