Chapter Twenty Eight

...Hook...

As I walked toward Wonderland, not worrying about the Agrabah spies too terribly much, I realized what I had to do if I wanted to see Madeline again.

I had to get Smee back.

He earned her trust somehow on my ship, and she feels at ease with him around. I have no choice.

I trudged my way through the thicket, only pausing to rest.

I sat on the ground, taking out my dull dagger and sharpening it with rocks that I found. Not the best tools, but it's not like there was a blacksmith somewhere in the woods. When I finished, I placed a bottle of rum between my fingers and took a few swigs.

I let my head fall back against an oak tree, and looked up, peering at the sunlight that seeped through the canopy of leaves.

I was startled, as I heard the distant, faked coo of Lokers - the tribal forest-dwellers. I closed my eyes, not a worry on my mind for a small moment, only to snap them open when I heard the coo overhead.

I looked up, a slight scowl on my face. There were three of them, hidden above me. The look in my eyes dared them to try and kill me.

They had dark, burnt skin and darting, black eyes, looking on hungrily at anything that so much as moved. I watched silently, wondering if I should make the first action, or if they eventually would.

I suddenly felt the impossible urge to fight one.

I stood upright, my eyes leaving theirs nonchalantly.

I walked in silence as they kept their eyes on my every step. I snapped my head up at one of them, and he seemed to flinch.

I smiled. They were scared of me.

"Well? What do you want?"

The one that flinched dropped from the dangerous height he was at, and stood in front of me. He breathed in deeply, and said, spitting slightly with every word, something in a different language.

"...I don't speak your tongue, fool."

I saw a glimmer of light reflect off of something by his side. Undoubtedly something that he stole from the pockets of another lone man such as myself. - After he killed him, of course.

I swallowed as he lifted his hand and pushed me against a tree trunk. My head pulsed. I cursed, seeing that he had the knife's blade close to the skin on my neck.

I should've made the first move.

He dragged the cool blade across my neck slowly, blood dripping when he made a thin cut through my skin.

I laughed, causing a wondering look on the chief's face, and pushed him off of me with force.

"You know you shouldn't have done that," I smiled bitterly, a hidden poison in my voice.

I threw my dagger at his chest. He tried to dodge it - unsuccessfully, I might add. The sound that the dagger made when it hit its target made shivers crawl up my spine.

I looked up at the two other Lokers. Shock and anger flashed upon them. They spoke to each other in their language, then dropped to the ground just as their leader did. They circled around me, perfectly in sync. They licked their chapped lips and wielded their knives in a hungry manner.

Before I knew what was happening, they both threw all of their weapons at me... I could only dodge a few.

When they ran out of swords, knives, and spears to throw at me, I looked at the damage that was done.