Chapter Six

"Princess Madeline..."

I groaned at the sound of my name.

"Princess Madeline?"

I urged my eyes to open, squinting at the sudden bright light of the lamp hanging over Smee's head.

His face was only half lit up by the lamp, making sharp, dark shadows appear on the other side of his face, and on the walls of my room.

"What... What time is it?"

"No time here, Princess."

"Oh. Right..."

After a moment of silence, I looked up to see him gently tapping me on my shoulder.

"Why did you wake me up?" I asked. It came out colder than expected.

He looked a bit shocked, "We have a visitor, Princess."

"What do you mean?" I looked out of my tiny, circular window above my head. "It's still dark out."

"Yes it is."

There was silence, with the exception of the creaking of the ship. "That means I should be asleep."

"I'm sorry, but he demands to see you."

I sighed, "You seem a bit scared of the visitor."

"He's intimidatin'."

"Alright. I'll come. But only if you promise to make me some of that blueberry tea."

He nodded and quickly left the room to tell the visitor of my coming.

I stretched, tired and sore from all the work Hook made me do the past week. Hook. I blushed, remembering the details of yesterday before the sun set over the horizon.

How was I going to act around him today?

I struggled to stand, almost falling over when the ship hit a large wave.

When I was about ready, I heard a knock on my door. Thinking it was Smee, I said, "Come in."

I finished tying the back of my sundress. Happy with it, I looked at the man leaning against the doorframe.

His face was hidden, but he was clearly muscular. 'Hook.' The name flashed in my mind.

"Who might you be?" I said in a friendly manner.

The figure cocked their head to the side.

"Sorry, I can't see your face. It's too dark outside to see a thing unless there's a lantern right next to it." I gestured toward my lamp sitting in the corner.

I heard a deep chuckle. It

was definitely Hook. "Madeline, I..."

"Oh, it's you." I said, trying to sound happy about his coming in my room. I played with my hair, trying not to become nervous with his overwhelming presence.

"Yeah. It's me." He spoke softly, like he was tired. "I just want to say that... I'm sorry for yesterday. I made it awkward."

"I did too."

"Hmm?"

"It's not all your fault. I made it awkward as well."

"Oh." He seemed to feel better about the subject now. "About the guest..."

"What about him?"

His voice was stronger now, "He's a lying, cheating, conniving fairy fiend."

"...good to know." I didn't understand the fairy part.

"I'm not joking. Don't fall for him."

"What do you mean? You expect me to fall easily for someone?"

"I wasn't saying it in that way..."

"How else would you say it?"

"I mean, don't walk the plank and fall... just for him." I could sense that he thought I was being dumb.

"Well the way you said it..."

"I know, I know."

"Cap'n?" I heard Smee yell from deck.

Hook tensed. "Madeline, if anything goes wrong, I promise I will kill the man."

"So you do care for me."

"Madeline..." He warned.

"I'm not hearing a no."

He stopped leaning against the doorframe and stepped into my room slowly.

I started to get nervous.

I could now see him smirking, he was so close. He smiled at his hook and stared at it, lifting it inches away from my face.

He said, "I never wished this upon myself."

I was silent.

"I always dreamed of having two hands again."

What was happening?

I felt his warm breath on my ear as he whispered into it, "He did this to me. Your guest... He's The Crocodile."

I shivered from his closeness. He smirked. "So he's the one that cut your hand off?" I whispered.

He grimaced. "Yes..."

There was a silence as he stood against me for a while, neither one of us daring to move away from each other. When we did, we couldn't keep our eyes off of each other. He stared into my orbs as I stared into his.

His eyes were... Dreamy. I hated to admit it, but I was highly attracted to this man standing close to me.

"Take a step closer." He smirked, then whispered, "I dare you."

It might've been my tired state, or maybe I was dreaming, but for some reason, I wanted to accept the dare. I wanted to step forward and feel his lips against mine. But something interrupted our intimate moment for the day, "Cap'n?" Smee's voice came from the door. (A/N: You thought I was gonna let them kiss... Haha... not yet. But don't worry, they will at some point in this book ;) )

"Smee..." Hook replied through clenched teeth.

"Oh! I'm sorry Captain. Do you want to escort the lady up?" Smee was so adorable... In an old man kind of way.

"I'll be fine, Smithsonian, thank you," I smiled.

I was kind of glad he interrupted us. What would've happened between us if I let him kiss me?

... Smithsonian's POV ...

When I saw Captain leaning into Princess Madeline's personal space, I knew that she felt uncomfortable. The ends of her lips were twitching with anticipation - she was smiling slightly - though.

I interrupted them, "Cap'n?"

I heard his stern voice say my name. He obviously wanted something to happen between them. "Oh! I'm sorry Captain! Do you want to escort the lady up?"

Princess Madeline gave me a grateful look, and talked for him, "I'll be fine, Smithsonian, thank you."

I felt like I just saved her from the worst thing possible. He could've kissed her. He wanted to. She wanted to as well. But when she realized what was going through her head, she realized that if she did, she would be in a situation. Having a relationship with someone with authority over you was risky enough, but with Captain Hook... It's a whole different story.

She didn't know the danger that came with it. I guess I never told her the whole story of The Crocodile. She will learn soon enough, though, I fear.

Her visitor will tell her the whole story.

His story.

...

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't updated in a looong time. I guess I've been busy with my other books, and swimming and such.

Stay gorgeous/amazing

~ StarrySkies7