Chapter Three

'Knock knock knock.'

I woke up to the sound, head spinning. I better not have been getting seasickness. That would be my worst nightmare come true. On an unknown ship, with a threatening captain, seasick, no family or friends, and only one gown to wear. Great. Just my luck.

"Get up, Princess." I heard the soft, yet rough voice of Smithsonian call me.

"I'm coming!" I said, trying to not sound dizzy in any way possible.

When I stood, the whole boat was spinning fast, while still rocking back and forth. Oh no. Seasickness.

I held onto the door with all my might. It was the only thing that could keep me upright at this moment.

... Smithsonian's POV ...

I opened the door slightly, realizing it was hard to do so. I soon realized why, as I saw a frightened, confused face looking at me. She was holding onto the doorknob for dear life. She must've gotten seasick. Poor thing.

I grabbed her blanket that she neatly folded under her mattress, and wrapped it around her. She looked at me with grateful eyes. I ran back down the hallway and into the kitchen. I grabbed a cup with a slight chip in it and a tea bag. I quickly poured hot water into the cup, and rested the tea bag inside.

I waited for it to turn brown, filling the air with the aroma of blueberries. Blueberry tea. My favorite. I wondered if it was hers as well.

"Princess, I brought you some blueberry tea." When I opened the door, I didn't see her. But when I looked out the door to the deck... There she was, leaning over the side of the ship. She must feel terribly ill.

I walked up to her and gave her the tea.

"Thanks, Smithsonian."

"Please. Call me Smee."

"But that's what Hook told me to call you."

"Doesn't mean you can't call me Smee when he isn't around." I gave her a kind smile.

"I suppose so... Smee."

The way she said the e's of 'Smee' made me chuckle. She put too much emphasis on them.

I watched her sip the tea carefully, making sure it wasn't too hot for her.

"It's really good." She said.

"Thank you. It's blueberry tea. It's my favorite kind."

"Well it might be mine too, now."

We both smiled.

... Maddy's POV ...

It was nice of him to take care of me during my seasickness. I'm sure I would get over it soon.

...

Days went by, some slower than others. Each day I was taken care of by the old, kind Smee. He would bring me different flavors of tea, but my favorite was the blueberry one still. And he would always put it in the same chipped cup. I actually ended up making a nickname for it. Chip. He laughed at it. I soon got better, though. I was now as well as I was when I came onto the ship the first day.

Each day Hook would do something rude or mean, and Smee would ignore it. I, on the other hand, could not. I tried not to look at him unless his back was away from me. Otherwise he would make a snide remark. I turned my head down if he came near me. So did the crew.

"You." He said sternly.

I looked up slightly and realized that he was looking at me. He didn't call me by my name.

"It's Madeline." I said quietly.

"Madeline." He said, jaw locked. "Come with me."

Now what?

........................................................................

Thank you so much for reading! Please vote, comment, ask me any of your questions, and follow! :)