Chapter Nineteen

We all walked to our 'rooms'. They weren't the average rooms, though. They weren't full of satin, cotton, or linen. Instead, they had splintery wood, and rough, scratchy blankets.

"Hey, Madeline?" Lillian whispered as I pulled back my covers, an itch already spreading from the tips of my fingers to my wrist.

"Yeah?" I answered.

"You've been thinking of escaping, haven't you?"

I stopped my actions and stared at her like she has gone crazy. "How-"

"Listen. I've been wanting to escape for about a year now. It's nearly impossible, but I finally found a way. If you want to escape, then you'll have to have me help."

"That's fine, but how did you know?"

"It's a long story," she looked down at the cold floorboards and sat on the end of my bed.

"I have all the time in the world,' I said, sitting right next to her.

She sighed, and began, "I... I was in love. With..." she swallowed, "I'm sorry. I can't." She rushed to her bed and enclosed herself in her blankets, hiding from the world.

"...Goodnight?" I said, confused. She didn't seem like talking, silence being my only response.

I got underneath my covers reluctantly, wishing that she trusted me enough to tell me everything that haunted her past. I wanted to know what hid behind her sparkling, friendly eyes. What could've possibly led her to the hated Red Queen?

I waved my thoughts away and closed my eyes, ignoring the pain in my heart, the curiosity in my head, and the irritating itchy feeling all over my body.

...

I woke up uneasily, hearing myself groan, "No..."

I refused to let my eyes open. 'Just let me lie here,' I pleaded in my thoughts. But I heard Lillian let out a snort of laughter, "Wake up, sleepy head... Don't you want to escape?"

I nodded groggily, and slowly opened my eyes to see her excited face. I forced myself into an upward position.

With a satisfied smile, she jumped off of my bed. "Let's get this thing started."

...
~ Meanwhile on Hook's Ship ~
...

"Cap'n!" I heard Smee yell.

"Yes, Smee?" I said, annoyed by his presence, steering my ship.

"There's word that Madeline is on the Land of Lost Boys, sir."

I paused, my thoughts creating mixed feelings. I turned the wheel completely around, causing my crew to hold onto the side of the ship for dear life. I yelled, "To the Land of Lost Boys!"

My crew adjusted and nodded towards me. I let Smee take the wheel, and I headed to my quarters. When I got there, I silently thought over all of the possibilities that she could die. I hoped that she was safe, but my thought was cut off by a burst of anger I had towards her. She left me.

She betrayed me.

Once a crew member always a crew member. When she returns to my ship, she'll wish that she was back on that dangerous island. I'll treat her the way I would treat any other crew member. No special treatment for the princess.

...

Sorry u guys had to wait for such a short chapter! I thought it was a good stopping spot though, so I will make the next one longer.
Each and every one of you are seriously amazing.
15 votes on this chapter ----> I will put up the next chapter!
~StarrySkies7