Chapter Twenty Six

... Hook ...

I felt my anger boil inside of me, threatening to come out. I breathed deeply, trying to suppress my feelings that I carried on my back.

'She betrayed you.'

I uncovered my head from my hands and looked up slightly, a deep scowl forming sharp lines on my face.

'You're a failure.'

'You have no right to be on the seas.'

I growled, darkness emanating from my cursed soul, "I... am the king of the seas!"

'You fool.'

'Scum.'

'Idiotic boy.'

'No one cares for you. You're nothing.'

I felt the veins in my neck starting to show, as I stood to walk, my anger fueling my energy. The thing is, I had none. I felt my pulse in my head, and I was sure I was going to pass out, my sight getting blurry... But I couldn't stop my curse from taking over my every thought and movement.

Suddenly, it was as though I was hovering over my body, my soul reaching to get back inside of my own body. I was just a floating soul, and I could only watch as I saw myself run, the curse inside of me.

I watched as I ran and ran, determined to get to something that I could take my anger out on.

I watched as my hands tore off limbs on a tree that obstructed my vision. I treaded through the forest until I heard a twig snap. My head jerked to the side at the sound. knowing that it only could be an animal.

My eyes darted to the source, finding a small, white bird on the ground, looking up at me. It had dark red eyes, and a single bright orange stripe down it's back.

My eyes softened slightly in wonder at the sight of it. It was a messenger bird from the palace of Agrabah. I've never seen one in real life before now.

My desire to kill something was so consuming that I decided to let the defenseless bird give me the message, then I would have to snap its neck.

I watched impatiently as it slowly stepped closer to me, its head cocked to the side. It cooed at me when it was close enough for me to take the message from the bird's grasp.

I opened the small, rolled up piece of paper.

It read:
'Dear H,
I hope Pria makes it to you with this letter in time. You have been spotted by an Agrabah spy in the forest. They are coming for you. You must make it out of the forest now.
Please heed my warning. I wrote to you as soon as I could.
And if you would tell Pria to return to me, it would be appreciated. It is the only way I will know you are safe.
- K'

I groaned, looking at the bird that I so wanted to kill.

"Well..." my jaw tightened, "Return to your owner. To Agrabah."

As if sensing that I wanted to break its small body, it quickly took off. Within a few seconds, the bird - Pria - was just a white speck in the sky.

I then realized... my curse didn't do anything harmful. Was I gaining a little more control over it?

... Smee (a while back)...

When I heard Hook's plan to enter Wonderland, my jaw dropped. All this for Princess Madeline?

He really does care for her.

I watched as he talked urgently, his eyes filled with emotion. He told me to be the distraction.

"M-Me?" I stuttered.

He nodded sternly.

"But Cap'n... I will get caught! I am not quick, and I don't have much energy."