30. Songs Cherish The Memories

Trisha's POV

" Myra, come dear." Mom greeted her as she opened the door. I looked past mom and grinned at one of my best friend. She smiled warmly at mom and came inside. " Please convince her, ok?" I whispered as she sat beside me. She winked at me.

" Thank you." She said while taking the glass of water from mom. Taking a sip, she placed the glass on the small table and breathed. " Auntie, I was wondering if Tris can come to my place.. today.. umm..right now?.. Don't worry I'll come with her directly at the banquet hall.. she'll get ready with me. " Miyra hastily added as she saw mom's 'but-today-is-her-sangeet' look.

Miyra.. one of my best friend. She's a mutual friend of him and mine. We met at his birthday party. She is one of the best person I have. We instantly became friends. There's so much common in us.. our likes, our dislikes, our opinions on various things, our fashion sense, our favourite actor.. Really, I have got so many best friends.. Ira, Ovee, Kriya, Shriya, Lara, Miyra, Anand, Sushant, my college friends.. Miyra was very excited with our plan. When I told her about my meeting with him, she actually squealed in my ear from the other side of the phone. Mom wouldn't have allowed if I've told her. And we're already gonna meet that evening. But he wanted to talk to me about something. And I had to meet him, before the ceremony.

" Fine. But be on time. Alright?" Mom gave the permission. " Yeah, mom. Don't worry." I went to change after assuring her.

"By the way, what's going on? I mean, you both are gonna meet this evening. Then what about this sudden meeting?" Miyra asked while driving the car.

" I don't know. He didn't tell me what he wants to say. Said he will tell me when I'll meet him." I shrugged.

I was mentally trying to guess the reason for this meeting. The curiosity was killing me. Thank God, Miyra's house was only fifteen minutes far from my house. When we got there, he was standing on the porch, waiting for us.

" Sorry for late. We had to convince Trisha's mom, you know." Miyra said while opening the door.

" Yeah, it's fine. Besides you're giving us privacy by letting us in your home. So, never mind." He waved off.

She smiled. " Anyway, I'm going with Kevin (her crush and a friend of mine). Will not be here for lunch. And I'll come at 4:30. We'll have to get ready." She then looked at him. "You'll also have to get ready, right? So, see you later." She turned and started walking but again turned and said. "And yeah, use guest room and don't forget to use protection." And she left.

Just like that. My eyes widened and jaw dropped. I looked at him, blushing. He shook his head and chuckled. " Come."

" So.. what do you wanna talk about? We were going to meet tod-" but before I could complete my sentence, he pulled me in his arms and give me a tight hug. I hugged him back as he nestled his face in my neck. His hot breath was fanning against it. " Hey, what happened?" I whispered, putting one hand on his back. We pulled apart and he led me to sit on the couch beside him. He took a breath and took out something from his pocket. " You know what is it?" He asked as he held the palm in front of me. " A stone!?" I raised an eyebrow, confusingly. " It's not an ordinary stone. This is my Pa's. Of course you knew him. You've met him so many times." There was a sad tone in his voice. I placed my hand on his. 'Pa' was his Grandpa. I knew the topic of his grandpa was really a sensitive, weak point. I knew that there was soft corner for his grandpa. I knew how he misses him. Whatever happened with his pa and the impact of that on him was noticable. I was there with him all those days, at all those death rituals. I knew how hard it was for him to talk about this. I didn't want him to be sad. I opened my mouth to say something but he shook his head. " No.. I have to bring this topic. It's important." He took a deep breath and closed the eyes for some moments. When he opened his eyes, he looked at me with so many emotions. " You know, pa and ma had love marriage. They had first met at a function. Then they became friends..Then best friends.. Ma was the first one who confessed her feelings." He chuckled. " Pa accepted of course, he had feelings for her too. One day when both were walking on a beach, there was this heart shaped stone on the shore. He wanted to give her something which will be like the mark or emblem of their love. Not something expensive but something precious. He was struggling then. And then he saw this stone. There was only this one heart shaped stone on that entire shore. He gifted it to her. She was so much happy. It was a very precious gift for her. After their wedding, pa gave her many gifts but only this gift was her most favourite one compared to the others. Three days before Pa's...d-death,-" He chocked in the middle of the sentence. It was hard for him but he still continued it. "- he called me in his room and gave me this. He asked me to give this stone when I will meet my life partner. He didn't give it to Dad, I don't know why. But he told me that it's mine now, until I find my better half." He said and took my hand, placing the beautiful stone in my hand. " And now, I've found one." There was a beautiful heart warming smile playing on his lips. I could see his eyes which were meaning each and every word. I looked at the stone. It was really precious in its own way. " Thank you." I whispered. " It really means a lot to me."

***

" OH MY GOD!!!! YOU'RE LOOKING SO HOOOTT!!" Miyra shrieked. I laughed at her excitement. I was wearing a long embroidered skirt of fuscia pink with a seafoam green embroidered blouse. I rolled my eyes, still smiling. "No but really, he is going to be whipped once again. I'm telling you. I just wish Kevin would have been like this to me." Her voice dropped. I knew, in fact we all have known, except Kevin himself that Miyra was head over heels for him.

We reached at the banquet hall. All were there. Our families, relatives, friends.. The whole banquet hall was blossomed with colourful people, chatting, laughing. Our parents were talking about something. My besties were busy in taking pictures. College friends were chatting animatedly. Relatives were sitting in a big circle, aunts appreciating the jewellery, uncles were discussing about politics, cousins were talking about games and matches.. stuff like that; when I arrived with Miyra. But I was looking for him.. He was wearing a scarlet red full sleeved shirt with off white coloured sleeveless jacket, paired with black pants and shoes. He was looking really handsome. The combination was enhancing his chocolate brown eyes. He came towards me, our eyes locked. He was looking at me as if he was in a daze. A beautiful boyish smile playing on his lips. My face heated up and I looked down, smiling automatically. He extended his hand for me to hold it as he stood close in front of me. I took it, looking at him. We started walking towards our seats. I felt his warm breath near my right ear. A tingling sensation made my breath hitched. "You're looking hot!" He complimented, smiling. I blushed and mouthed a thank you. We sat and the program started. Relatives, our cousins, his friends, my friends, he and then I performed on various dances, representing our relationship journey, from start till now. My grandpa made a toast, blessing us for our future. And now it was the time for our dance, couple dance.

A Thousand Years started playing. He stood up and bowed, taking my hand in his. We climbed up on the stage. He placed his right hand on my waist and took my right in his left. I placed my left on his shoulder. Taking the beat, we started swaying. We were swinging, twirling, he lifted me up.. we were dancing.. in our own world.. and with the last step, the last line of the song ended.

Every song of our journey, every song of our situations brought back those memories.. our first meeting, our friendship, our feelings, his asking me out, our relationship, the wedding proposal, mehndi ceremony, haldi ceremony, sangeet special.. I could remember each and every moment of our journey.. every song cherished those memories.. with him..

Hey guys, finally I have written the chapter. Don't blame me. I have other work to do beside this writing stuff. My exams are going on. So I'll write next chapter after 10th of April. Please patiently keep waiting and voting and telling me how's it.

Today is a special day as it is a festival day in India, called, Gudhi Padva! So, Happy Gudhi Padva guys!!

Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas