3. Are you single?

Trisha's POV

"Welcome, I am Manish Gokhale. Thank you for coming. Nice to see you." Ved's father, Manish uncle greeted us with a big smile.

If you haven't understood yet, we are all in our neighbour's home for dinner right now. When I told mom about the invitation, she got so excited. She is always keen to make friends.

Aunt Shivani and mom started talking. Uncle and dad started discussing about their businesses. I sat down beside on one couch. Ved and his little sister Reva came in the living room.

Reva, a very good looking 14 years old girl. Excitement for meeting us was overwhelming from her eyes. As she saw me, she came almost running and gave me a tight hug. For a second, I was surprised but later I hugged her back. She is so talkative that she was babbling constantly. It's like all of babbling from Ved's part has been transferred to her.

After some time, we all went for dinner. We sat down on the chairs. The dining table was in the oval shape glass top. Manish uncle was sitting in the center of the table as the man of the house. Aunt was in his right side. Reva was sitting beside the aunt. Dad was on the left side of the uncle with mom beside him. I was beside her. And on my right side Ved was sitting, in front of uncle. The food was really tasty. All were talking with each other. I was listening to them.

Reva and I chatted a lot, about our studies, hobbies, likes, dislikes.

" Hey, can I ask you something?" Reva suddenly asked me. "Yeah, sure."

"I'm​not sure if I can ask you this because we've just met and it's kinda personal." She shyly said, fast. I laughed a little. "It's okay, we're friends now. You can ask me anything. Go on."

" Umm.. Are you.. umm.. Are you single?"

A sip of water choked in my throat a which leads me to cough. Ved glanced over me from his left side.

"Ugh..umm..yeah.. I am still single.." I said hesitantly.

Thank God, I finished my dinner in that time. I stood up without wasting a moment.Fortunately, our parents were so engrossed with each other talking.

After washing hands and helping with the cleaning stuff, I insist on making coffee for everyone. Auntie​ was going to make it but I wanted to help her. After making coffee for everyone, me and Ved went on the terrace. Reva had to do some assignments so she excused herself. I was standing leaning on a wall. Ved cleared her throat, breaking the awkward silence. I looked at him.

"So, are you really single?" He said.

" Y-Yeah." I stammered. What! You stammered!? Like, for the first time! What happened to you, Tris?

He looked at me for a few seconds, smiling secretively.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, getting confused.

" Nothing,"

" Pch... just shoot."

" ... I am surprised."

" Why? What is so surprising in that?"

" You are the first single girl I met. I have many friends but all are in relationship."

" Ohh..so, you are-"

"Single."

I don't know why, but I was somehow happy from this new information.

" And now why are you smiling?" I came in the reality. Ok, so I am smiling.

"I.. umm.. " I was searching for the words. I could feel my cheeks were burning. Shit! I am blushing! Again! What the hell is wrong with me!

I looked down, embarrassed from my behavior.

" I had a girlfriend... Ankita." He said.
His face felt pale.

" What happened?" I asked, anxiously.

" Do you really think I will tell you?"

I sighed. "Very secretive, hun?" I said, trying to ease the tensed atmosphere.

He shrugged as an answer. " And you seem very talkative." He said, raising one eyebrow.

His habit of raising the left eyebrow, I always felt it cute. His eyebrows were perfectly of bow shaped.

" Is it a bad thing?" I asked.

He took a little time to answer, staring at me and thinking something. "No."

I smiled on it. "Sometimes it's good to open up rather than bottling it up."

" Hmm.." He said. I think he was going to say more but our parents call us. We head downwards. Saying Goodbye, we went back to our home.

By the way, did I told you that my and Ved's houses are attached to each other by a common staircase. Yeah, don't look at me like that. He's definitely handsome but also an annoying person as he is a taciturn.

But still......

Hi guys, first of all I am so so so sorry for late update. I wanted to update early but let it be. Enjoy the chapter. Love you all. ;-) TheFlyingIdeas