22. Ugh! Parents..

Trisha's POV

If you know how situation gets awkward when your parents start teasing you by your crush's name, even if you haven't tell them anything about your feelings, everytime and you have to pretend like nothing's going on, and they look at you knowingly and then, you have to pretend more like you have not a single idea about what they meant.

If you have been through all this, you can understand my situation perfectly.

Yup.. I was going through that constantly. Yup.. my beloved parents were teasing me like hell from Ved like they have perfect idea about my feelings.

A few days after we came back from Goa, this happened. We were taking a walk after the dinner. After a few walks, Dad went ahead to take a business phone call. Mom and I were coming slowly after him. When we reached at the front door of our house, I randomly looked at Ved's house. The door was ajar and he was on the sofa, watching a football match. For max 5-6 seconds, I stared at him when I sensed that mom was still there behind me. I turned around to look at her. " What?" I asked her, trying hard not to blush.

  She chuckled, " Nothing.. come." There was a smile on her face like she was telling me that she knows everything. We went inside. She was smiling the whole time until we went to sleep. And I had to make thousands of eye rolls.

  ***

  One day, we were sitting in the hall and discussing about the renovation of our house. Dad's an architect so he was telling his plan.

  " ..So the kitchen will get replaced by Trisha's room and will be there instead. And about the staircase which we share with the Gokhale family, I was thinking, as we renovates the house, we'll have our own internal staircase which will lead to the second floor. So that, this staircase can only be used by them. And–"

  " But Dad, why?" It was spur of the moment. I realised it and try to compose myself. " I mean.. it's not necessary. There's no need for that, right mom? And besides that, we have a neighbourly relationship between us due to the common staircase. It's.. it's unique also, in this lane only we have this kind of bungalow structure." I snapped shut when I sensed that I was sounding overanxious about this thing and desperately want dad to drop the idea. " What... do you think, mom?" I asked carefully.

  " Hmm.. She's right, Avi. There's actually no need to do this." She smirked and gave a hint to him.

  " Ok, ok. Fine." He said surrendering himself. " So the staircase idea is dropped and there's a neighbourly relationship we have so we can share it as per Tris wants." He was purposely stressing on those words and looking at me, trying not to smile. Ugh! I rolled my eyes and started scrolling the messages in the phone.

  ***

  Again, one day, we were sitting on the dinner table, chatting about our day, when mom took my name.

  " Yeah?" I took a sip of water and looked at her.

  " So, how's things are going in between you?" She raised an eyebrow.
I was like what?

  " In between whom?" I was totally clueless.

  " You and Ved. I heard your friends shipping your names. Is that true?"

  " Urgh, mom! There's nothing like that what you are thinking. We are just friends. Ok? So just stop being overimaginative." I stated.

  " Hmm.." Dad tried to hide the smile by looking at the plate.

  " What?" I asked annoyingly.

  " What.. I didn't say anything.. anyways.. Mr Smith is looking forward to make another deal with us. They are very impressed..." And he went on, changing the subject and telling about the deal which I was really thankful for.

  Again, Ved and his family were off to Malaysia for Christmas. I was, one day, surfing through the social media sites and he had posted pictures and a video of something. It was of Langkawi. He stated how wonderful is that in the video. I was listening his voice after four days. A smile formed on my face. Mom entered in the room.

  " Mom, look at this video. Ved has posted it. Auntie is in it too." I showed her the video. When the part in which Ved has commented, 'This is awesome!' came, mom mimicked, "This is awesome," and looked at me. I acted to laugh in front of her but I was blushing inside.

  This was getting really awkward for me. I was now getting suspicious that they definitely know something, at least about my feelings for him. Are they that revealing? I hope not. But are they? No no, they're not. Ugh! Parents.. They makes you so confused.. Argh!

  Hey guys, this is the next chapter for you. I can completely understand Trisha's situation as it has happened to me too. No but seriously, parents sometimes really be a difficult case. Anyway.. I hope you like it. If you like it then please vote and comment. Your vote means a lot for me. Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas