25. Asunder

Trisha'a POV

Things were starting to get awkward. Ved was starting to avoid me. He woudn't come out of his home when I would be with our friends. He would make sure to not come face to face with me in the staircase. If by chance, we both would be out on the porch, he wouldn't acknowledge my presence. It was getting annoying.

Last weekend when we were out with our friends in a bar, we all enjoyed our time. It didn't even came to my mind that Ved wasn't talking to me personally because whenever we all talked, he participated in the conversations. But before we were going to leave, as we started taking some photos of each other with each other, that I noticed it. After taking a picture with Shriya, she proposed to take a picture of Ved and I together. We stood side by side, and as I put my hand on his back, I realized that he hasn't. He had kept his hand hovering on my back so that it would look like he has put it on my back but it wouldn't touch at all. After that, it was very clear.

That night, I thought about this a lot. He was avoiding me. He was not himself around me. Something was wrong and he wasn't telling me. And that something was related to me. Somewhere I knew that if this continues, it will affect our friendship and that will distance us.

I didn't want to lose him, lose my friend. After what mom said, I calmed myself and thought about it deeply. She was right. I shouldn't hurry things up and wait to see where my life takes me.

I decided to talk to him about this while thing. But instead of shocking him with my sudden presence, I thought of texting him to ask if he can meet me whenever he is free.

Five days passed after I sent the text. He had seen it. I could see that. But he had not replied yet. I thought may be he must have been busy and forgotten to reply. I decided to text him again.

It was a windy evening. My parents and I were watching T.V. I typed a short message. Need to talk to you about something important. Can we meet of you are free?

After five minutes, my phone pinged. It was him. I opened the text and what I read stunned me.

Ved : Don't you have some self-respect? I'm not replying you.. that means I DON'T WANT to talk to you. Don't you get it? And No. I'm not free for you. DO NOT TEXT ME AGAIN. EVER.

I kept staring at the message. Two minutes. Five minutes. I couldn't understand what to think. It felt like a ton of weight has been dropped on my heart. I could feel the moisture collecting onthe waterline of my eyes. I took a rattled breath. I saw my parents talking and laughing about something. No. I don't want them to know what just happened.

I made some hasty excuse and walked fast towards the door. Opening it, I almost ran up the stairs and into the terrace. Leaning against the balustrade, I took a couple of deep breaths. I needed to calm myself down.

Something is not right. Ved is not a person who would purposely hurt someone like that. Yes he talks carelessly sometimes, but he isn't a bad person. He must be in a bad mood right now or taking his personal frustration in me like this.

I took a deep breath again. Yes, that must be it. Should I talk to him? Call him? No. He is not in a good mood right now. I will try to call him tomorrow.

I tried calling him the next day. And again on the next day. Again and again and again. I tried calling him for him for a week but the answer was always the same. The person you are calling is not answering you phone; please try again later.

------------------------

The days passed... The weeks passed... The months passed... The years passed... Various festivals passed... Birthdays passed... Occasions passed... Many things happened... Small... Big... Which were gonna influence in the future... His... Mine...

Hey guys, this is the new chapter. At first, there was only a poem and wasn't getting any inspiration but while editing, I thought of writing a proper chapter. So here it is.

I hope you also like it. If you like it, then please vote. And you can also write poems and beautiful quotes in the comment box. I'll read them and the bests will be uploaded in my chapters too. It's an opportunity for your creative minds. So go for it. And, don't forget to vote guys. Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas