24. Reality Check

"It's hard to pretend you love 
    someone when you don't.
    But it's harder to pretend that
    you don't love someone
    when you really love."

  Trisha's POV

  It was getting harder now. I had to tell someone or probably the right one. It was like if I didn't tell him this time, my chances of being with him will eventually be lessened. Maybe he will have a girlfriend afterwards. No..No.. Maybe when I will tell him, he will turn my feelings down, but at least I'll be satisfied with the fact that I tried rather than waiting for his first move. Yes.. I have to tell him. I have to be confident. You have that guts. Just be yourself. Just be the original Trisha. Yes..

  It happened when we were at Kriya's place for the sleepover. We were taking a walk when suddenly Kriya asked, " When are you going to tell him?" Her question took me off guard because I had never told them about Ved or about my feelings.

  " What are you talking about?"

  " Oh c'mon, I know. Or should I say, we know."

  " You know about what?" I got confused.

  " About Ved, duh," She said, matter-of-factly.

  " Oh." I could only say oh.

  " What do you mean by oh," She narrowed her eyes.

  " How do you guys know about.. this?" I looked at her.

  " Of course we know. We're your friends. We have eyes so we can see."

  Ok, ok. But how? I mean, when did you see?" I held my hand up in defense.

  " When we were at your place, on your birthday. Remember, when we were in your garden, taking pictures? You were looking at his house. Just for a glimpse of his. And you blushed when he came out and called her little sister. I know you have feelings for him. You blushed when you hear his voice, when you see him, when you hear anything related to him. Isn't it true?" She tilted her head.

  " ... Yeah.. It is." I didn't look at her.

  " Then what're you waiting for? Just tell him n.." She said obviously.

  " But how? I can't talk to him the way I talk to you guys. I don't know why but I got tongue tied in front of him." I sighed.

  " What!? That's unbelievable! I know you. You're definitely not like that. You can make someone taciturn to talk to you. Are you sure, you're our Tris?" She was really taken aback.

  " I know but that's the truth. In this case, I am becoming a taciturn." I said hopelessly.

  She exhaled. " Look–"

  " Hey guys, what're you talking?" Ovee and Ira slumped on the nearest bench. We went there.

  " 'bout Ved," before I could say anything, Kriya said.

  " You should tell him, honey." Ira shrugged.

  " Yea.. but why aren't you telling him?" Ovee asked.

  " 'Cause she got tongue-tied," Kriya intentionally stressed the last word.

  " Ugh! If you didn't say anything to him, how're you gonna understand his feelings? What if he likes you and waiting for you to come? What if you miss your chance? You should tell him. At least you'll be clear." Ovee stated.

  " I know, I agree with all this. But how am I gonna say that to HIM?" I was really confused. This thing's making me uneasy.

  " Umm.. you can write a letter.. or a long message..–" Ovee suggested.