15. Wisely

Trisha's POV

After spending whole evening with Meera, I was lying on my bed, surfing the gallery of my phone. There were so many unnecessary pictures; screenshots, notes which were of no use now, I had to delete them. I selected some pictures as I was going through it. As I deleted the a picture of a screenshot, the next picture appeared on the phone. It was the picture of our society friends clicked last year on the light festival of Diwali. I was standing beside Ved, he was taking the picture and others were standing around us. He was looking very handsome, his dimples.. God! Coincidentally we both have dimples..

I know I am being stupid .. anyways..

When we were about to go...

" Remember, that day when we all were going for a movie, you were driving so fast and Tris almost saved from falling." Shriya cherished the moment with Ved.

" Yeah, of course I remember. And on that speed breaker, we both were almost felt. But it was kinda fun and adventurous, don't you think?" He looked at me.

" Yeah right. It was very adventurous and fun." I said, rolling my eyes with a smile.

" And please this time sit, holding something, ok?" He asked me.

" Yeah, sure." I gave him a sarcastic smile.

That time I didn't notice but when I thought about it later, he was actually saying me to sit behind him, indirectly. Otherwise why did he said that?

His driving speed was so high that sometimes I had to hold his shoulders for the support. Whenever I was holding him, his shoulders tend to became stiff and tensed.

When we were getting out from there, the crowd was too much. We couldn't even walk properly. So we decided to hold each other's hands from not getting lost. And again coincidentally he was next to me and we had to hold our hands. His hand was warm and strong, it was making me comfortable like I was safe with him.

I smiled unknowingly to myself, observing the picture and cherishing those moments.

The next picture of us was taken in a restaurant. That day, I ate non veg first time in my life. And the credit goes to, of course, Ved. I was a pure vegetarian first but he made me eat chicken that day. And to be truthful, I loved it.

" What are we going to order?" Lara asked, reading the menu card.

" Obviously, Non Veg, Lara," Anand said, taking the menu card from her hands.

" What? No, please." I pleaded.

" Ugh, c'mon, Tris. We are ordering it." Shriya said.

" Then you eat. I'm not gonna eat fish or chicken. I'll order something veg." I said.

" No, you are not." Ved said in a flat tone, without looking up from the menu card.

" Yes, I am." I said firmly.

" You'll not. Because you are gonna eat chicken. We are ordering Chicken Biryani and Butter Chicken with Roti.. and what for starters, dude?" He asked Sushant.

" We can order chic-"

" Will you please order at least starters in veg?" I cut Sushant.

"Ok, fine, Veg dry Manchurian?" Shriya asked me.

" Yea, thanks." I sighed.

After some time, a waiter came with our order and served us. I stared the butter chicken in my dish and swallowed a lump. Ved was sitting beside me. I looked at him with puppy eyes and pleaded him silently.

" Did you ever try non veg?" He asked me.

" Never." I said.

" Then what made you think that you will not like it?" He asked as a matter of fact.

" Un.. I.. I don't know. " I said, thinking about it.

" Then?" He asked.

" I don't know. I just.. I just don't like it. Besides that, why should kill those innocent animals for our own appetite?" I defended.

" Basically, you must've learned in science that non veg is good for health. And about those innocent animals, then you must've learned natural cycle of food. If everyone started thinking that like this, everyone will die finishing. So, in short, you are over thinking. " He placated.

I remained silent.

"C'mon, do you trust me? " He asked me genuinely.

I nodded. And open my mouth to defend but

" Then trust me and take a bite. You'll like it, I am sure. And if you don't like it, then you can order whatever you want, promise." He smiled and winked.

I swallowed again and took a small bite of Roti and Butter Chicken.

"How's it?" He asked me, raising one eyebrow with expectations.

" It's.. nice." I said with a genuine smile.

" See, I told you." He said with a big smile and patted himself on the shoulder.

I giggled. He acted like a small kid who just got a big packet of various candies.

I laughed remembering his face.

" What's going on?"

I turned my face quickly to greet my Dad.

" Hey Dad," I hugged him with a smile.

" How's my princess?" He kissed my forehead.

" I am good. How was the meeting today? What did the clients said?" I asked.

I love to discuss these topics with him. And he also shares me all.

" It was good. They were looking quite impressed. They said they will think. If they approve it, we will get the patent." He said hopefully.

" I'm sure we will. " I gave him a motivational smile.

" Yeah.. but what about you? Why you were smiling?" He asked, teasingly.

" Me? Smiling? N-No... why would I smile alone?" I said, hiding the embarrassment.

" Really?" He tilted the face, reading mine.

" Yeah.." I said as confidently as I could.

There was a pause before he started talking.

" Dear, you are now a big girl. And I trust you very much and I know that you will never break it because whatever you will decide, it will be wisely taken decision. But today, I want to tell you that you and your heart is very precious. Give this precious heart to that only person who deserves it. Take your time. You have it. Think and then take the next step. And if you want, you can always share these things with me. Remember, I was, I am and I will be with you if I feel that the person you have chose is perfect for you." He said, taking my hand in his.

" This girl is the most precious piece of my heart and is closest to me. I love her very much. If she gets hurt, I don't know what will I do to that person." He cupped my face with another hand.

" I know Dad, I love you too.. and I promise you that I'll take the decision wisely and you will be the first one with whom I'll share this thing. I'll definitely tell you when I get my boyfriend." I kissed him on the cheek.

" I'm proud of you, sweetie." He smiled.

" Thanks Dad," I greet him.

He went in the study room for the work. I was thinking about his advice. He was right, I should go slowly.

Baby steps Tris, baby steps.. wisely..

Hey guys, this is the next chapter for you. You will like the conversation between Trisha and her Dad. I love it personally. I have taken this 'Dad' character inspired by my own Dad. He is very close to my heart. He is very open minded and my friend, advisor, guide.

Vote if you like it and please comment. These things mean to me a lot. Love you all ;-) TheFlyingIdeas