Fixing A Broken Soul

Chapter 29

Max’s POV

After about ten minutes of talking to the fans we told them we were going to go back to the bus soon and they carried on into the room; heading for the toilets. We were all packing our things up and moving for the door when I noticed Ruby wasn’t with us. Presuming she was in the loo I headed in that direction so I could go as well. As I walked down the little corridor I passed the fans that we had just met; I sent them a smile as I passed and carried on walking. I went to push the male bathroom door open when I heard crying from the girl’s room across the hall. I decided to go check if they were okay considering Ruby was in there as well.

I hesitantly opened the door and peered my head around the corner to see my baby sister sobbing while curled up in a ball on the floor. In that moment I felt my heart break into a million tiny pieces. Ruby was strong, she always had been and to see her in this broken state made my now broken heart fill with anger at whatever had caused her feel this way; no one could make my little sister feel this way, not while I’m here.

All of this passed through my mind in a matter of seconds before I moved forward and pulled her into a tight hug so she knew I would be there for her, so she knew I would protect her. I felt her bury her tear stained face into my chest as she clung onto me for dear life. After a couple of minutes of just us sat in silence I felt her violent sobs start to subside and she pulled away from me slightly while looking down at her hands. I slowly reached my hand under her chin and forced her to look me in the eyes. Her eyes were red and puffy, her cheeks filled with tear streaks and a weak smile placed on her lips.

“Roo, what happened” I asked gently with concern covering my face.

“It’s nothing, I’m being stupid” she replied while shaking her head trying to stand up. I held onto her arm and stood up with her, but keeping her in the room with me.

“Come on sweetheart, we both know that’s not true. Let me help you, I’m your big brother, it’s my job after all” I loosened my grip on her arm and rubbed it up and down comfortingly.

“It was just something those fans said to me. I’ll be fine, it’s no big deal” Roo tried yet again to convince me but I could see the tears building up in her eyes again and her lip begin to tremble.

“Roo, tell me” I replied as a bit more of a warning.

“Fine, they… They said I w-wasn’t good enough for J-Jay, t-that I wasn’t p-pretty e-enough and I s-should s-stay a-away” she stuttered out while the tears now spilled over the edge and cascaded down her cheeks.

“Sweetie, don’t you dare listen to them! You are perfect! Jay loves you with all his heart and I know that for a fact. He’s the one for you and you’re the one for him. Don’t let it get to you, I will send out a tweet telling people to stop; I don’t care if you don’t want me to ‘cos I’m going to do it anyway. It will stop them from carrying on with this hate” I reassured her while I crouched a bit lower to meet her gaze.

“Thank you Max” I didn’t reply to that I just smiled at her.

Suddenly the door to the bathroom opened and I remembered I wasn’t supposed to be in here…

“What are you doing in here? This is kinda the ladies room…” A short blonde haired woman asked.

“I heard my sister crying so I came in” I replied with a shy smile.

“You should have waited for her to come out, it’s still weird”

“Don’t worry I’m not into that stuff with women, I’m gay. Seriously I’ll show you me and my boyfriend.” I answered while getting my phone out finding the photo. “See completely gay” I continued while grinning at the picture of me and Tom cuddling together while I kissed his cheek while he grinned. It was from the day we all went to the beach together.