Bringing past to the present

Chapter 10

Ruby’s POV

I was stood to the side of the stage watching the guys do their interview. Everything was going smoothly and it was all quite funny until they asked THAT question. I froze and listened intently to what Jay would say.

I: what about you jay?

J: Erm I might have my eye on someone…

M+T: Who??!!

J: that’s for me to know and maybe for you to find out *he smirks*

That’s when tom and max dive onto nath; pinning him down to the sofa they were on. I heard tom and max yelling, “Tell us!” it was quite hard to watch without laughing. “No I’ve been sworn to secrecy!!” Nathan yelled back, you could now see the tears shimmering on his face were the light hit it. “We won’t stop until you tell us!” They warn him.

“IT’S RUBY!!!” he shouts. We all turn to jay who’s now red and is covering his face with his hands. “Nathan!!! You promised!” he whined. Tom and max turn to each other and high five and start dancing. “I thought you’d be mad!” jay exclaimed really shocked. “You have tom to thank for that, he convinced me you’d be cute together. I trust you any way; I’ve seen you around her and I think you’d protect her not hurt her” he replied while hugging him. “Thanks max, you’re amazing” he said.

The interviewer asked some more questions but I wasn’t paying attention any more. I was thinking of how jay had just told the whole world that he likes me AND that my brother wants us to be together! That has never happened before. Max has never liked me being in a relationship!

I then walked back to their dressing room deciding it best to wait there for them all. Minutes later all the boys come in messing around and talking. While all the other boys are distracted jay walks up to me while I’m stood to the side of the room.

“Hey I’m sorry about that” he says while taking both my hands with his. “It’ll be fine in the end. At least max is okay with it or you would be running for the hills!!” I chuckle. “Yeah I know right! Anyway I was wondering since everyone knows I fancy you; would you like to you know…Erm well be my girlfriend?” he says while looking at the ground and shuffling around. “I would love to” I say with a huge grin on my face, his head springs up and looks in to my eyes. “Really? I mean you actually like me?!” He exclaims while looking a bit shocked. “Of course; I thought it was a bit obvious!” I say while laughing at his shock.

Our eyes both met and we leant in. Our lips connected in a soft kiss; not a heated one like our first; but sweet and caring. We pulled away and rested our foreheads against each other’s. The moment was perfect and I could have basked in his warm embrace forever but unfortunately when you’re anywhere near a group of people that’s never going to happen.

“Aww that’s so cute!!” Tom exclaimed while grinning like the Cheshire cat.

“Aww and we just saw their first kiss!” max exclaimed, well this wasn’t awkward at all. Me and jay shared a knowing glance and Nathan shared one with jay.

Max noticed us looking at each other, “Hang on! Have you kissed her before?” he said, I wasn’t quite sure if he was angry or it was just a normal question but I was glad it wasn’t aimed at me.

Jay’s POV

“Erm well yeah but I was only helping her out” great jay, just great. That doesn’t sound weird at all! “What do you mean?” Max asked narrowing his eyes at me. “It was on her bucket list to kiss a celebrity and well, I was there and she’s just beautiful so I had to at least offer!” I said looking around the room, anywhere except from max’s gaze.