American fireman.

{Beccas P.O.V}

No. Please god let him be okay? “Out of the way please ma’am” I hear a voice say. It’s American, an American fireman. I look up at him, “Is, is, will he be okay?” I whimper. The fireman takes Harry to the ambulance before coming over and scooping me up. He carries me to the fire truck and sits me down, “He’s still alive, but only just. I'm sorry, was he your brother or something?” My brother? “You know, you both have brown curls? Are you related?” he continues, I shake my head. “He’s my fiancé, will he be okay?” I ask, determined to get an answer, but once again, the American fireman ignores my question, “Oh, okay, do you want to go in the ambulance to the hospital?” My first instinct is to say yes, but then I remember the boys. They are still inside, I can’t leave them. I shake my head again, “Our friends haven’t been found yet, he’d want me to stay and get them first,” I say, my voice breaking. The fireman nods and pulls me close, in a big bear hug, finally, he answers my question, “He’ll be fine, they all will, I promise” His accent is so warm and genuine. He’s so kind, I smile at him through my tears, “Thanks, for, you know, being so nice to me,” I say, he smiles down at me then, his smile is big and bright, it reminds me of Niall, carefree and childlike. “It’s no problem, anytime babe, my names Bret, what’s yours?” I almost laugh now; his name is just SO American. He looks at me, confused at my stifled giggles. I remember all the times I have had to stifle giggles watching Louis make his toast, or Niall eating, well, just eating, or- only then do I realise that Bret is waiting for an answer, “my names Becca,” he smiles, repeating my name to himself, “I like it” he nods, before standing up and putting on his mask. “Gotta go back in and see what I can find, goodbye Becca” he says, waving goodbye before running into the blazing building. I have only known him for a few minutes, but I feel l have just lost a friend, I feel so alone now, sitting here watching the building collapse, not knowing if any of the people I love will survive.

I sit here, on the end of a firetruck, waiting. Waiting for 4 bodies to be brought out of the burning building. Waiting to find out if the 5 boys I love are all okay. Waiting to see if I will be able to continue to survive. Waiting. Just waiting.

Suddenly, I am shaken awake. Darn, I must have fallen asleep. I feel warm; someone has put a blanket over me. Probably Bret, I already love that boy. “I say we squirt her with the fire hoses if she doesn’t wake up!” I hear a familiar voice say. “She would kill you though,” comes another voice, “Not to mention playing with hoses is not a very good idea for us, erm, him” I hear another familiar voice. I open my eyes to see Louis, Liam, Niall and Zayn standing right in front of me. I jump up and right into their arms, “BOYS! YOUR ALIVE!” I scream. They all laugh and hug me tight, I'm so glad they’re okay. “Yeah, we’re alive!” Zayn exclaims and everyone bursts out laughing. We all sit down and Niall comes and wraps me up in the blanket, tucking it around me like my mum used to do when I was a child, before he sits down with his arm around me. “Where’s Harry?” Liam asks finally, I feel a lump in my throat. I don’t trust myself to speak. I put my head in my knees and feel my cheeks start to become wet with the salty tears; I taste them on my lips, my tongue. I feel Niall rubbing my back, “It’s okay, everything will be okay, where IS Harry though?” I shake my head and sit up again, Niall wipes away my tear gently with his thumb, I sniffle and begin, “Well, we were out, and we-we’d had a great day, we g-got out of the c-car and, well, we saw the building on fire. S-s-so, em, well, we remembered you w-were s-s-still in there, and well, we w-waited but th-then H-h-harry, h-he g-got up and-“ I can’t continue, I’m so choked with tears, Niall rubs my back and the boys watch me, waiting for me to finish the story. I take a deep breath before continuing, “Well, he, he, went into the b-building, and, well, he c-came out, c-c-carried by a f-fireman and g-got taken to h-hospital. He l-looked s-so dead, s-so ch-ch-charred,” I break down now, sobbing into Nialls chest. He holds me tight, rubbing my hair and kissing the top of my head. The other boys join in, rubbing my back and joining in the hug. We sit there like that until Bret comes in; he walks over to us and tells us that he can drive us to the hospital Harry’s in if we want. We all nod and rush to his tiny mini, just like mine!

The boys all clamber into the backseats, but Bret takes my hand and leads me to the front. I can’t help but feel a little awkward; he knows I'm engaged… He holds my hand the entire way to the hospital, rubbing it with his thumb. I can see the boys’ confused, annoyed, disgusted faces in the background, and I want to pull away, but I don’t want to hurt Bret’s feelings when he’s been so nice to me. I am relieved when we arrive at the hospital and I have an excuse to remove my hand from his. I flaunt my ring when I get out the car, fixing it very precisely, trying to remind Bret that I am engaged, he doesn’t take the hint. He tries to take my hand again, but I pretend to fix my hair and then walk over to Niall. He knows what I'm doing and puts his arm around my neck, walking with me to the reception. “Hi, we were wondering where our friend is, his name’s Harry Styles and-“ we are cut off, the receptionist –who looks quite young- puts her hand up, her mouth hanging open, “You’re, you’re NIALL HORAN! And that’s, the rest of One-One-DIRECTION!” we all “shhhh” her and nod, “please just tell us where Harry is? He was in a fire?” I whisper, the receptionist nods, trying to like business, but I know she’s fangirling inside. “Room 3” she finally says, “I’ll take you to it,” she smiles and signals for us to follow her, which basically means ‘walk across the hall and there it is’ We all walk in the door and rush to his bed, he looks like he’s sleeping, but he’s been cleaned up. He looks like Harry again. I feel as if a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders. I hear the heart machine bleeping away in the corner, usually an irritating sound like this would get on my nerves, but right now when its signalling that harry is alive, it’s the most beautiful sound on earth.

We all sit and wait for Harry to wake up for about 2 hours before Niall decides that he’s hungry. The boys all go downstairs to get some food, but I refuse to leave Harrys side, I need to be here when he wakes up. I sit and hold his hand, it’s so cold, so solid, but it’s still Harry. I'm lost in my thoughts, when I hear someone cough. Harry? I look at him, but he is still sound asleep, unmoving. I look around the room, and for the first time, realise that Bret didn’t leave with the boys, he is still here. He makes his way over to me and rubs my shoulders, “He’ll be fine,” The three words are stiff, emotionless, I look up at him and he grabs my hand, hauling me up to stand pressed against him. I'm so uncomfortable, but he won’t let me go. It’s not in a mean, horrible way, but in a soft, gentle, way, begging me not to reject him, and I don’t. I don’t know why, but I can’t bring myself to move away. “You’re beautiful Becca, stunning, and you are so sweet, so lovely,” I smile, embarrassed, but also a little worried about where this is heading. I look at my feet, but he uses his finger and lifts up my chin, “- and that’s why I need to do this” he continues, before crushing his lips against mine. I want to pull away , but Bret wont let me. “NOOO!” I hear a familiar voice moan. I pull away to see Harry, his green eyes wide open with terror. He looks so hurt, his beautiful face, scrunched up in terror. “It’s not what it looks like Harry!” I defend myself, but he shakes his head and turns around. What have I done?

Uh, Oh! what will Harry do? Is this the end of Barry? -thats Becca and Harry mashed together btw ;) - How will this affect Harrys health? What do you think will happen with Bret? OoOoOoH, please leave your comments! you have no idea how much they make my day. everytime i see i have a comment, my face lights up and i actually get SUPER EXCITED! ;) haha, i love you guys and i love hearing what you think of my story, it means so much to me when you guys take the time out of your lifes to write something to me, just a simple "Hi" would make me smile, i love you all so much!<3 your my babies :') LOVE YOU ALL! - B .x