Get a doctor

Note: Rewritten but not triple checked for spelling and grammatical errors. If you see any feel free to comment.

Walking into the ballroom was surreal. It looked just like we had left it. No time seemed to have passed and if it had, it wasn't much. We sauntered in, gasps and frightened yelps coming from the people jumping out of our way. It was like they were afraid to come near us. Some even plunged their noses with their fingers as if we stunk. I looked at Kana. Though she was half covered in blood, she was nearly the same as before. Maybe it was me?

I wasn't sure what had changed to get such a reaction but it didn't matter because the very next moment Dominik's voice roared through the room, causing everyone to freeze, including me. The vicious snarl echoed throughout the grand room. "I want her found! Now!"

At Dominik's command a herd of fear stricken men ran down the steps of the loft and hurriedly made their way past us and out of the ballroom. He sure had one nasty bark. It should have made me as scared as the trembling people around us but instead it was oddly comforting. I was frozen, without any further fear for my life. Somehow I knew that if Dominik was near, I would be okay.

People huddled together in silence as the real business went on upstairs in the loft. I doubted the people down here even knew what was going on. But for some reason they all looked like shaky sheep cornered by hungry coyotes.

In a way it was kind of funny. Growing up I had thought the wealthy were so egotistical and stubborn that they never listen to anyone else's words but their own. No matter what, I imagined they would always think they were the number one, the boss. But now, with Dominik at their throats, they shut up and listened like scared children being yelled at by their parents.

I was the first to move, making my way to the stairs. Followed closely by Kana, we took the steps two at a time.

"Dominik." I called as I reached the top.

He stood with his back to me, yelling at some frightened young man. I expected him to finish, to let the rumbling of his voice continue until he had the man on his knees. But the moment his name left my lips, his were shut. It was like magic. He spun around so fast that his eyebrows didn't have enough time to furrow in confusion before he was running to me. My heart was stuck by the desperation in his eyes, at the way my voice effected him.

I didn't care about anything other then being wrapped in his arm. But he stopped me shy of an embrace, his hands shooting out before we could even touch.

"Is that blood?" He didn't give me time to comprehend his words or to answer. He throw my hair over my shoulder and quickly examined me like a child.

Looking down I was just as anxious to know as he was. I hadn't thought I had gotten hurt but it looked like I had. Three deep gashes, resembling claw marks decorated my shoulder, blood gushing and stained all the way down my dress. I had even led a trail of blood back this entire way.

"What happened?!"

"Ana-" I couldn't look away from my shoulder. I truly didn't feel any pain whatsoever, but it looked so deep, so real. For a moment I questioned everything. For a moment I thought nothing was real. The only thing that hinted to reality was the panic seeping into me like the cold. It ushered in and clutched my body into stiffening. "Dominik, I didn't know I had gotten hurt. Why can't I feel it?"

"I don't know. You don't feel anything at all?" Grabbing my face, he looked me over with a absolutely terrified expression. He was more freaked out then I was. I could see it beaming from his honest eyes as they glazed over me, inspecting my body until he was sure there was no other injury.

From behind us Kana cleared her throat. "She might still be in shock from the whole thing with Ana."

"What happened?" Dominik snapped over my head ordering in an overly aggressive tone. "Where is she?"

"I took care of her. Don't yell at me!" Kana growled obviously not taking his fit of rage. It was like on the train, her mood and his mixing and escalating the situation further. There was so much tension it was almost unbearable. I wanted it all to stop. I wanted to scream at them both for being so hostile but I couldn't find the energy to. My body suddenly felt heavy and I found myself wanting to lay down and close my eyes for a little while.

Reaching out to Dominik, my knees gave out from under me. I had expected to hit the ground but he caught me just in time, lifting my head away from marble death below. It was all so slow. I could count the minutes it took for him to fully hold me in his arms and take a breath. The world itself slowed down to the pace of a snail. Even my blink felt like it took forever. The simplest motion of closing then opening my eyes.

And just as slow as everything else had become, the burst of pain that erupted from my shoulder came in like a boulder tearing down a hill. It was sudden, but expected. It was an outlier to all unpredictable events that had unfolded tonight. And it still made me scream.

"Get a doctor!" Dominik barked, rushing me to one of the couches nearby in slow motion. He gently laid me down and got on top of me, straddling me as if I were a horse. I couldn't feel his weight, I couldn't even tell how many people crowded around us. My head was spinning, everything blurring and ticking by in fuzzy frame by frames. "Roza, this is going to hurt."

When he ripped the sleeve from my dress and slid it off my arm everything began to return to speed. Folding it up he laid it on top of my bleeding shoulder and applied pressure. Instantly my body burst into flames of pain, a throbbing sensation pulsating beneath his hand. He was right, it did hurt. Screaming I tried to shove him off me but it was no use.

His words came at me fast and jumbled, make it to my ears in a sudden rush. I felt them form in my mind and make it heavy. It sunk at my eyes and drew me into a hole. I knew at the bottom was unconsciousness and I fought against it.

"Roza, please stop! Your bleeding out!" Dominik pleaded, his face pinched in pain as if it were him laying here in my place.

"It hurts!" I cried wishing for it all to stop. Then it did. As if blowing out a candle I was out like a light and sucked down to the bottom of the hole. The last thing I heard was Dominik's panicked cry telling me to stay with him.