Kana

Note: rewritten but not triple check for spelling and grammatical errors. If you see one feel free to comment.

After having drunk a little too much and passed into a deep dreamless sleep, I awoke to a strange woman in my bed. At first I was under the impression I was still asleep. I even went as far as brushing my fingers through her thick luxurious blonde curls. She was fast asleep, her arm resting across my stomach. But she shifted dreamily with my gentle touch. She was strikingly beautiful even with her disheveled attire and smudged makeup. I wouldn't doubt that she was an angel but I quickly realized she was a human being and that I was in fact awake when she began snoring softly into my chest, mouth opening like a child to release droop onto my sweat moistened skin.

I attempted to remove her arm without waking her but was unsuccessful. Her bright blue eyes fluttered open and she jumped straight up in a panic. Looking around she seemed confused, somehow more confused than I was.

"Hello?" My voice was coarse from sleep and it seemed to scare her because she flinched as if I had flicked her in the forehead. Her big doe eyes gazed down at me in shock, her plump parted lips as equally surprised.

But her shocked expression didn't stick for long. In fact, it only took her a moment to recover from the sudden awakening. Without a word or rhyme or reason, the mysterious woman settled back into my chest with a little snuggling scoot closer. Warm and small, she hummed softly as she settled in comfortably.

Stuck frozen and on the edge of just giving in and cuddling her back, I stared wide eyed at the canopy above us. The thick red curtain that hung upon it seemed so solid, so permanent there. It was as if I would always have the opportunity to gaze up at it. I wasn't sure why I had such a strange feeling seeing as it was my first night here and there were no guaranties in my future, but it seemed so trustworthy, as solid as the woman dozing back off to sleep on my chest.

"Kana." Boomed a vicious voice from the doorway. He barged in without hesitation and without a level head.

We both shot up, Kana to address Dominik stomping our way and me to cover my thinly clothed body. I hiked the comforter up to my neck, my head squishing back into the pillows. I wanted to shrink away to nothing while they bickered a world away.

"Why hello Nik!" She purred crawling to the edge of the bed to meet him.

The two were quick to share a tight embrace, hinting clearly that there was a relationship between them. And it proved even more so when they began speaking in another language as fluently as if they hadn't known English at all. It was obvious that he was scolding her, his voice raised and harsh but she wasn't shy about screaming back though she didn't seem angry at all in comparison.

I laid awkwardly with my fist holding the blanket to my chin, my eyes wide and mind reeling.

"What's your name?" Kana interrupted Dominik in the midst of speaking. Completely disregarding him entirely, she shot me the sweetest smile.

He slapped at his thigh, turning toward the door but abandoning retreat and turning back again to watch us converse.

"Rozalina." I smiled despite my rising sense of alarm. I hadn't the slightest clue as to what was going on.

"It's nice to meet you!" She squealed excitedly. In that moment, she truly reminded me of a young child. Her giant grin and easy happiness were that of someone way before her years. Not that she was old, she looked no older than twenty. Speaking of age, I wasn't even sure of Dominik's age. He couldn't be much older than Kana...but..