Chapter 23

Ar'mariah

July 4th

"We poppin Firecrackers tonight y'all" I could hear my Brother Tell Devin and his Brother on FaceTime.

He sat on my Bed while I did my hair. My Family was having a small barbecue today. They had even invited NL... Including Bibby.

I hadn't seen him since that talk we had. Just the thought of seeing him made my heart race and my hand shake. I just Hope we can get along.

I pushed the thought to the side as I applied Blueberry bliss curl control paste to me Baby hairs and brushed them down. I applied Eco styling gel on top for extra hold. These curls could get really out of control in this heat.

"Aight we'll be there, and tell Ari I said no matter how much she comb her hair she gone be ugly" I could hear the smile in Devins voice as he spoke.

I smacked my lips. "And no matter how manly you try to act, you still gone look like a girl" I retorted. Growing up I always teased Devin and called him A girl.

Devin had Pretty Hair, Pretty Light eyes, long Beautiful eyelashes And his lips looked painted on but he still had a lot of manly features.

"Oooo she hit you where it hurts fam" His Brother Devon Said.

"Shut up Nigga" He spat.

I laughed.

"And Where's my Best friend?" I asked putting my hair products away.

"She just left, she should be on her way back to yo house"

I nodded. "Oh okay"

I slipped on my Red Suede high top Air Force ones that matched my red and blue Tank top.

Me and the girls decided to do best friends things and dress alike.

I had on black Joggers, a red and blue Tank Top and my Red Ones on, Mylin had on a mint Green Cami and Skinny jeans and her white and green Ralph Simons on, Kimani had on a Blue and black crop top and a pair of shorts with her Black Jordan's on and Tanya had on a Red Shirt with Black tights and a pair of Red and black Jordan's.

I knew We were gonna take plenty of photos and videos later on.

After putting everything away, Amir had hung up from talkin to Devin and Devon, and my Mom called us to the kitchen.

"Yes Mom-" I froze in place meeting eyes with Brandon's. Butterflies filled my stomach and all I could do was gulp.

I tried to look away as my mother talked to me but for some reason I was caught up in Bibby's stare.. And so was he.

"I'm runnin to the store right quick to get some things I forgot, Amir Imma have you go with me . And Ari" I finally looked at my Mama who pointed to me.

She knew nothing about Me and Bibby not talking and we weren't gonna tell her.. I didn't know how long we could get around her without her noticing we weren't on good terms, she'd eventually notice how quiet and distance we are around each other which wasn't normal.