CHAPTER 19✓

Xavier

She didn't want to leave her room and I couldn't blame her. I didn't want to either. Danielle had Trent, Travis, Kathryn, Claude, Ace and Christian at her door. All wanting in, wanting to help, to find out why she was being so strange.

After Hanna came over to apologise three days ago, things seemed even worse. I guess most people would say it was all in my head, that nobody hated me, nobody blamed me or feared me, but no, they did. I could see it in their eyes when I walked passed, the fear and skepticism, the mistrust and it drove me insane. It was probably what Danielle saw too and that's why she locked herself away, sobbing loud enough for everyone to hear.

She had it all wrong though, the crying just made them more curious. Less crying and more fake smiling with guarantee they leave you alone.

"Danny? "Travis cooed." Please come out?" he held the door." We just want to talk. "

"Go away!" She screamed and then thunder boomed and the house shook slightly. Everyone glanced at one another and I walked passed them. I didn't want to see their pity or fear either.

I stopped by the kitchen and braced myself against the counter, I took the handkerchief I kept handy and coughed. I looked at the blue thing and sighed, swallowing deeply and tasting blood while staring at blood. It was getting worse and I had no clue what it was. I could only guess what it was.

I turned around at the sound of laughter and ran up to the second floor, heading for the library. I'd catch up on some reading.

------------

"Still here? "Christian asked entering the library. I didn't bother looking towards him, instead I just continued reading my father's diary.

"Might take a while." I admitted because his diary was not normal. It was thick and messy and half the time there was a secret. A page would have one story but if my eyes change to my Caster pitch black eyes, there was a different one. Sometimes when I willed my hand to catch fire an apparition would apear of him recording a voice diary instead.

As interesting as it was, it only made me angry.

"I can see... "He said," mind taking a break?" I looked up and turned to him. He offered me a small smile." Watch a movie with me?" I looked at him like he'd grown a second head, which wouldn't really be weird or surprising considering the world we live in." Look, I'm leaving just after your birthday, which is only two days away... "He bit his lip." I'd like for you to be compliant at least for the time being. " I closed the book and stood from the couch.

"That will only make your leaving harder." I said letting the heavy diary fall onto the table with a thub.

"It's already hard, no need to deny that. "he said coming closer. "So, movie?" I sighed and walked passed him, I headed for upstairs but he stopped me. I turned to him with furrowed brows and he shook his head, then he motioned with his head for the living room and I began to panic.

He took my hand in his then, the tingling affect of our bond evaded me, moving up my arm to my shoulder then my neck and head. It calmed me just as much as it frightened me.

"I'm here. "He said as though he knew what I was afraid of. So I thought about how he'd be leaving, how I wouldn't see him again for who knows how long and I nodded, my heart squeezing. He pulled me with him towards the living room which had almost every teen. I paused and looked pointedly at Christian who smirked and pulled me along.

I allowed it, knowing I'd probably never see him again, if ever. He sat down and pulled me onto his lap and I swallowed. He was so hard yet soft and I found myself flushed. I tried not to notice but I could see the smirks and I could feel a big something poking my backside. I was tense and unsure how to act.

"Relax. "Christian said softly into my ear as he pulled me back onto his large, strong chest. My heart was racing and the sparks flared up and down my body, causing me to feel like I was on cloud nine. It was nice... having him hold me, but I had to remember not to get to comfortable. I didn't deserve comfort, or him.

The movie began and I tried not to stare at Claude and Ace. They were cuddled up on a love seat, Ace was rubbing his face on the side of Claude's cheek which had a bit of stubble. As much as I wanted that, I wouldn't have it... at least not here.

I looked at the TV, not paying attention and instead, my thoughts ran to my birthday, well, our birthday, Travis, Trent, Kathryn as well as Danielle's. Being that we, Danielle, Travis and I are Caster's, I knew that not only would we be going through a claiming, but, we would be getting a single wish considering it was our 17th year.

I don't know why, but every Caster, on their 17th birthday goes through the claiming as well as receive a wish which would be granted on the hour of their birth. The claiming was more complicated, it happened randomly and it had a time of its own, sometimes early, sometimes late, sometimes the moment the Caster makes their wish and sometimes just before something big happens.

I thought to what I could wish for. Not many actually wish for anything useful or of significance, most just wish for a rare pet. I however had a different plan. It would make everything better, make everyone happy, and set Christian free.

As well as myself. So, I sat back and enjoyed the last few moments of my life, the last few moments of being with my mate, and with my family along with the pack I knew didn't want me around.

A\N
13 November 2018
3 November 2021