CHAPTER 5✓

Christian

I couldn't get the look of utter heartbreak out of my head. I was fuming as I turned to Kathryn. I narrowed my eyes at her and a growl rippled through my chest.

"You had no right, "I snarled at her, trying to control my instincts to rip her apart for saying all of that to my mate.

"That was more for me than for you." She said, her voice soft, her eyes shining with determination.

"Still, he didn't deserve that. "I crouched, my skin bubbling as I clenched my jaw amd growled.

"And we don't deserve his rejection. He's your mate, Christian, but he's our brother too and it hurts me to constantly have to deal with our siblings rejection, we only want him to give us the affection we deserve." I groaned then." Christian, just let go, you're hurting yourself. "

I howled then in pain.

"I can't do that, Kathryn." I said and fell onto my hands and knees as my bones began to crack, my grief, as shallow and deep as I tried to bury it was threatening my entire mind. "Run." I howled yet again then, my hands turning into paws. I was panting and it felt like my first shift all over again.

~No, I won't give in. I thought to myself. It was as though it were manifesting into its own conscious. My pain from knowing my mate didn't want me, wouldn't let me in. No. I fought against my shift.

My mind seemed to growl at me harshly. I could imagine jaws snapping at me.

"It's okay, Christian. "I snarled then amd suddenly, I wasn't in control, I was pushed far away, and I was forced to watch from the backseat as my instincts took hold, I stood tall and strong, growling threateningly at Kathryn. My blonde furred wolf lunged then but just as I got close enough to claw Kathryn's face, we were frozen in mid-air.

It felt like being tied down, Kathryn had her hazel coloured eyes wide open and then Travis came into view, his usual blue eyes were brighter, almost glowing and his hand held up in a claw.

"You will not lay a hand on my sister. "He growled then before thrusting his hand to the side and my body hit the base of the tree. I growled then, everything in me felt out of my hands, almost seperate from myself. My hurt and rage bottled into a creature, a mind that didn't feel like mine and yet mine nontheless.

I didn't want it, I couldn't let it win out.

All in all, most of the rage was from being unaccepted by my mate. I was hurting and most of the anger came from that.

Travis narrowed his eyes on me then, both his eyes were different, one an intense glowing blue and the other a darker blue. His fingers grew claws then and the wind picked up. I could feel myself gaining some control over the anger, the sorrow. Travis radiated authority and he looked absolutely intimidating. I felt myself shrink away, whimpering at the dominating aura and I showed my neck to him, bowing before losing my entire body.

Travis retracted his claws, his eyes turning back to their normal bright blue and he approached me then. He ran his hand through my blonde fur. Sadly I wished it were Xavier touching in that moment.

"It's going to be alright, Christian. "He said to me with a frown." Did I hurt you? "He asked after a pause. My eyes fixed on him and I huffed. Danielle then came out, a look of worry on her beautiful face. Her long brown hair hung lose reaching her mid-thigh, why she hasn't cut it, I will never know.

"Are you guys okay?" She questioned and stood beside Kathryn who was frowning. Standing next to each other it was obvious they were sisters with the round faces and wide doe eyes even though they weren't the same colour. They were the same height too. Danielle met my hazel wolf eye with her intense hazel blue and offered me a smile.