Chapter 18

Alexis's POV

I woke up with a pounding in my head. I groaned and went to move my hand to my head but it was stopped by something. I looked behind me and noticed that I was chained to a tree. I tried pulling on the chains to break it but I wasn't strong enough. I looked around and noticed I was surrounded by my old pack members. They all looked at me with curiosity. I looked around and I couldn't see Shawn or my father. I looked at my family and my siblings looked sad. My mom looked guilty and looked down at the floor. I heard some of the pack whispering things to each other before I saw everyone moving out of the way. I glared at my father as he stepped forward.

" I thought I told you, you were to never come back to this land. I thought you would have learned from two nights ago." My father said as he stood in front of me.

" I didn't mean to come into your territory. I wasn't aware and I tried to leave but your slave over there, stopped me." I said nodding towards Joey. He stepped forward and growled but my father stopped him.

" In do time, my friend." He patted his beta on the shoulder.

" Where's my mate?" I asked him.

" You mean the human." He spat looking disgusted. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth.

" Where is he?" I growled at my father.

" Bring in the human." He said while waving his hand. Some pack members brought Shawn in and he looked beat up. He had some bruises and there was blood dripping out of his nose. They threw him down on the ground and he just laid there. I growled and pulled on my restraints to try to get to him but the chains were too strong.

" What did you do to him?" I yelled at my father and he chuckled darkly.

" He's fine for now." He said with an evil smirk. I clenched my fists and gritted my teeth.

" What do you want from us? Why did you bring us here?" I asked him and he started pacing in front of me.

" You have disappointed me. You were the future alpha of this pack, yet you are so weak. You mated to a human and got kicked out of the pack. You would never be able to lead this pack. You are my greatest disappointment." He said and I looked down at the ground. Even though I hate him, it still hurt when he said that. All I've ever wanted was my father's approval and I could never get it. Nothing I did was ever enough for me father. I looked up at my mom and she had tears in her eyes. We locked eyes for a moment before she looked down at the ground. I sighed and looked at Shawn.

" What are you going to do now? You have us at your disposal." I said to him and he chuckled.

" I do but I don't quite know what I want to do." He said to me. Shawn looked up at me and smiled. I gave him a small smile back. I sighed and looked up at my father.

" How about you let my mate go and you can do whatever you want with me? I don't care what you do, just let him go. I dragged him into this world and I don't want him to die because of me." I said to my father. He seemed to ponder the idea.

" No, Alexis! I won't leave you!" Shawn yelled out while trying to stand back up. My father stepped towards him and punched him in the face.

" Stupid human! You need to learn to keep your mouth shut!" My father growled at him. He started beating Shawn up as I tried my hardest to get out of the chains.

" Stop!" I yelled at my father.

" Stop hurting him! Please!" I yelled but he still didn't listen. There was only one thing I can do and I will probably die from it but I will do anything to save Shawn.