Chapter 8

Shawn's POV

Once Alexis ran out of the house, I felt really bad. I didn't mean to hurt her. I don't know her but I said some mean things to her. I don't know why but I feel really horrible for what I did. Maybe it's that mate thing that she was talking about. I should have let her explain more. I decided to go on my phone and search up about mates. It doesn't hurt. As I looked it up on google and found out more about werewolves and the whole mate thing. It turns out that when a werewolf finds their mate, they fall in love instantly. They would do anything to keep their mate safe and happy. A werewolf who is rejected by their mate, will feel pain and sadness. Usually mates are both werewolves but sometimes humans can be mates as well. I turned off my phone and threw it down on the couch. I rejected Alexis and after reading that, I feel ten times worse. I am causing her pain because I rejected her. I may not fully understand it but I should have at least given her a chance. I think she said that I was all she had. What does she mean by that? Where's her family? I want to find her but I honestly have no clue where she would be. Maybe I should go look for her. I decided on that. I went upstairs and grabbed a sweater to put on just incase it gets cold, a flashlight because it's getting dark and a baseball bat, just incase something decides to attack me. I went downstairs and threw on my boots. I headed out the back door and started looking around the forest. All I could hear was animals.

" Alexis." I yelled out plenty of times but I got no answer. It was starting to get dark so I turned on my flashlight. I was still searching around when I heard movement behind me. I turned around and I saw eyes reflecting off my flashlight. I saw that something was standing in the bushes just ahead of me. I heard a low growl come from whatever it was. I slowly took out my baseball bat and got ready to fight off whatever it was. I saw a grey wolf come out of the bushes while growling at me. The wolf turned its head towards the side of me. I looked to my side and there was a naked man looking at me. He looked freaked out by me but also ready to attack if I tried anything.

" Why are you here?" He asked me.

" I'm looking for someone." I said to him and he glared at me.

" There is no one out here. Leave and don't come back here." He said to me.

" I am looking for a girl. She may have ran past here. I'm sorry." I said to him. I looked at the wolf and back at the guy. He's naked and there is a wolf beside him. I remember that when Alexis turned back, she was completely naked. Maybe they are both werewolves like Alexis. Maybe they know where she is.

" Are you both werewolves?" I asked to the man and then the wolf. The wolf growled at me and bared it's teeth at me.

" How do you know about werewolves?" He asked me.

" The girl that I'm looking for is a werewolf. She told me about her and then told me that I am her mate. I freaked out and said some things I shouldn't have and she ran off. I just need to find her and talk to her." I said to them and he looked over at the wolf.

" Are you looking for Alexis?" He asked me and I nodded.

" Yes. Have you seen her?" I asked him and he walked towards me with an angry look and pushed me against a tree forcefully. I tried to hit him with the bat but he was a great deal stronger than me and he ripped it out of my hand and threw it away.

" You're Alexis's mate?" He yelled at me.

" Yes I am. How do you know Alexis?" I asked him and by this time the other wolf had turned into a human. He was also glaring at me.

" That's not important. Why did you reject her?" He asked me.

" I was scared. I freaked out because I never knew werewolves exist and she was telling me so much. When she told me I was her mate, I got scared and told her to leave. I didn't know anything about mates. I realized that I made a mistake so that's why I am out here searching for her. Can you please let me go? You're crushing my chest." I said to him and he slowly backed off. I fell to the floor and held my chest.

" Why do you care so much about her anyway?" I asked him and he looked back at the other wolf behind him. They exchanged a look and the one behind nodded.

" We used to be friends with Alexis. She used to be a part of our pack." He said to me and I gave him a confused look.

" She doesn't have a pack?" I asked him and he nodded.

" What happened?" I asked him and he sighed.

" Why don't you sit down and we can talk." He said to me and I nodded. I sat down and the other two followed by sitting in front of me. It's a little awkward that they are naked but whatever. I want to hear what happened to Alexis.

" Alexis was once part of our pack. She was next in line to become alpha but she made a mistake. Her father was alpha and she disobeyed him so he exiled her from the pack." He said with a sad look. I looked at him with an incredulous look.

" Her own father kicked her out?" I asked him and he nodded.

" That's crazy! What did she do?" I asked him.

" She brought some of the young ones of the pack to the human world. Her father told everyone in the pack that no one was allowed to go to the human world. That everyone there is dangerous. Alexis didn't listen and even brought some young ones. He got angry and kicked her out." He told me and I can't believe what he's telling me. She got kicked out because of something so stupid.

" Why didn't you guys do anything to stop it? Why didn't her family do anything?" I asked him.

" What the alpha says, goes. Everyone loved Alexis. She was a great person and would have made a great alpha but if we had said something, we would have been exiled as well. A werewolf without a pack, usually doesn't make it out there by themselves. Alexis had a mother and two brothers and sisters but they couldn't do anything. I don't know how she survived but she managed. We ran into her when she ran away from you." He said and I got excited.

" You did? Did she say anything?" I asked him.

" Yeah she told us all about what you did. You made a huge mistake Shawn. She told us that the only reason she survived out there was that she hoped she would find her mate. She did but her mate rejected her. She has given up Shawn. She has nothing left. You were all she had. She has no pack, no family, and now she has no mate. You have to find her and make it right." He said to me and I put my head down in shame. I wish I would have known all that. I feel like a horrible person. She has been through so much. They stood up and looked in another direction.

" Do you know where she went?" I asked them as I stood up. They both shook their heads and I sighed.

" She took off but we don't know where she is. She stays off our land." He said to me and I sighed.

" You should go Shawn. It's getting late and you shouldn't be out here by yourself. You're also on our land and if Alexis's father catches you, he will not hesitate to kill you. He hates humans. Go home and search for her in the daylight but don't come here. We won't be here tomorrow and not everyone in the pack will be kind to you." He said.

" Why are you being nice to me?" I asked them and they shrugged.

" Alexis is our friend and you're her mate. I would never hurt her like that. Now go." He said pushing me in the direction I came. I turned around and faced them again.

" What are your names?" I asked them.

" I'm Justin and this is Cooper." Justin said. I nodded and they turned back into wolves and ran away. I used my flashlight to find my way back home. Once I got home, I took off my boots and went upstairs to my room. I was exhausted. I changed into pyjama pants and took off my shirt. I laid down on my bed and thought about Alexis. I have to find her. I can't let anything happen to her because of me. I don't even know where to look though. I could go back to the shelter tomorrow and ask where they found Bella. If I could go back there, I might be able to find her. I sighed heavily and allowed my eyes to close. I fell asleep almost instantly.