Chapter 10

Shawn's POV

I woke up in the morning with Alexis practically on top of me. She was still in her wolf form. She was snoring slightly which was really cute. I couldn't move so I had to wait for her to wake up. She suddenly jolted awake and looked outside the cave.

" What is it?" I asked her. She growled and got off of me. She went outside and looked around. I followed her and I saw her ears moving from side to side. She growled again and came towards me. She pushed me back into the cave.

" What's wrong?" I asked her again. I suddenly heard a loud shot ring through the air.

" Why is there gun shots Alexis? What's going on?" I asked her. I was starting to panic. I don't know what's going on. Alexis grabbed the sleeve of my shirt with her teeth and dragged me to a corner where no one could see me. She changed back and looked into my eyes.

" Stay here. I will be right back. I promise." She said before turning again. Before I could say anything, she ran out of the cave. What is going on?

Alexis's POV

I ran out of the cave into the woods. There are hunters out here. I've met these hunters before. One of them knows about werewolves. He tried to kill me before. The other three don't know about me. They think that I am just a wolf. I hid Shawn because I don't want that one hunter to find him and hurt him. I stopped and let out a loud howl to get their attention away from the cave and Shawn.

" She's over there!" I heard one of the hunters call out. I heard them coming and I started running. I lead them away from the cave and they eventually caught up to me.

" We finally got you." The hunter who knows about me said. I growled at him and he pointed his gun at me. He shot but it missed me. He went to shoot again but I dodged it and jumped on top of him. He let out a scream as I bit his shoulder. I heard another gun go off and then felt a sharp pain in my back leg. I let go of his shoulder and yelped. I got off of him and backed away. I was about to run when I felt a sharp pain in my side. I dropped to the ground and started whining.

" We finally caught you." One of them said. I whined in pain again as one of the hunters stepped forward with his gun pointed at me. I'm sorry Shawn. I just wanted to protect you. I closed my eyes getting ready for the sound but instead I heard someone shout.

" Hey! What are you doing? This is my pet." I heard Shawn. I looked at him and he looked really angry.

" This is none of your business boy. Go away." One of the hunters said.

" Actually it is because she is my pet. I can call the police right now if you would like." Shawn said holding up his phone. The hunters looked at each other and groaned.

" Let's go boys." One of the hunters said. They grabbed the guy off the floor but he pushed them away and aimed his gun at Shawn.

" I am not going anywhere. These two are werewolves. They are special." The one that I bit said.

" Not this werewolf crap again Austin. There is no such thing." One of them said.

" They are werewolves. I have seen it." Austin said. I pushed myself up ignoring the pain and launched myself at Austin as he was about to shoot Shawn. I bit his arm and he screamed in pain. Shawn grabbed his gun and hit him with the back of it. He knocked him out and threw the gun down. I fell back on the floor again and whimpered. Shawn bent down and put pressure on my side. I whimpered again and he picked me up into his arms. He started walking but he stopped.

" I don't know where to go. I have to get you some medical attention." He said. I nodded and turned back into my human form which hurt even worse. I groaned and held my side.

" I'll lead you." I breathed out. He nodded and I lead him. He eventually got out and walked to his car. He laid me in the back and I turned back to my wolf. It still hurts but it hurts less. I kept whining in the back.

" Just hang on. I'm taking you to the shelter. They're going to help you." He said. He drove me to the shelter and carried me inside.

" Oh my god! Shawn what happened to Bella?" A lady asked.

" Hunters. She got out and ran back to where you found her. I found her but some hunters shot her." He said. The lady nodded and lead us to a table. Shawn put me down and they started leading me away. I whined but he didn't come. Is he leaving me again? Did I do something wrong? I was about to go back to him but they poked me with something sharp. I suddenly started to feel tired. I tried to fight it but my eyes closed.

Shawn's POV

I hope that she's okay. I waited in my little office. About half an hour later, they came to my office. I sat up from my chair and Dr. Cameron came up to me.

" Hey Shawn. She's alright. We managed to get the bullets out without any serious damage. She is going to have to be careful. So make sure she's doesn't try to do too much. You should go in there before she wakes up. She wasn't so thrilled with us last time." He said. I nodded and followed him to the room. She was still out. I sat beside her and stroked her fur. Her fur was so soft but it was dyed red from the blood. It was no longer a beautiful white. I sat there for a while until she woke up. She growled at first until she saw me. She calmed down and moved closer to me. I chuckled and pet her head.

" Hey Alexis. Are you okay?" I asked her and she nodded. I smiled and continued to pet her. One of the nurses Sara came into the room.

" Hey Shawn. You can take her home whenever you want. You just have to sign her out and get her medicine." Sara said. I nodded and turned back to Alexis.

" I will be back. Be good." I said. I walked out of the room to sign her release papers and I got her medicines. Once I was done, I went back to her room to grab her. They had put a cone on her and she didn't look too pleased. I chuckled at her and bent down to her ear.

" Wear it until we get home and I will take it off." I said to her. She whined but nodded. I carried her to the car and put her in the back seat. She laid down and went to sleep. I drove home and carried her inside. I carried her upstairs and laid her on the bed. She woke up and looked around. She started pawing at the cone. I chuckled and took it off. She turned back and sat on the bed. I walked over to my dresser and grabbed some sweatpants and a t-shirt.

" You are going to have to get used to wearing clothes." I said and handed her the clothes. She put them on and then sat back on the bed. She shifted uncomfortably.

" Clothes feel weird." She said and I chuckled.

" You'll get used to it. You should get some sleep." I said to her. She nodded and laid down on the bed. I covered her with the blanket and went to walk away. She grabbed my arm to stop me and I turned to her.

" Can you lay with me? Please. I'm wearing clothes now." She said and I laughed a little. I nodded and laid down in the bed with her. She turned and cuddled into my chest. At first I felt a bit awkward but I relaxed and pulled her into me. I heard her soft snores not too long after and I knew she fell asleep. I smiled and fell asleep too.