Chapter 9

Shawn's POV

I woke up in the morning and reached out to cuddle with Bella. Once I felt my empty bed, I sat up a little confused. Then I remembered that Bel-Alexis is gone. I sighed heavily and ran my hand through my hair. I got out of bed and decided to get dressed. I am going to go back to the shelter and ask where they found her. Maybe she went back to where she was hiding out. I put on a pair of dark blue jeans and a black hoodie. I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and then headed downstairs. I grabbed my car keys and left the house. I locked the door behind me and hoped into my car. I drove to the shelter and got out of the car. I walked to the back and went to go find Dr. Hellman. Once I spotted him, I walked up to him and he smiled at me.

" Hey Shawn. What are you doing here? It's your day off." Dr. Hellman asked me.

" Bella got out of the house and I can't find her. I was coming to ask if you knew where they found her. She may have gone back to where she was before." I told him. He looked worried and told me to follow him. We walked into his office and he went to his files. He was searching through them when he finally found Bella's. He beckoned me forward and put the file on the table. I looked at it and saw where she was found. I thanked Dr. Hellman and left the shelter. I got into my car and drove to where they found Alexis. It was on the edge of the woods. I am guessing that she knows better than to stay on the edge of the woods. She must be somewhere in the woods. I don't really have a plan. I guess my plan is to go in and search and call out for her and hope that she comes. I park my car in a parking lot that's close to the woods. I grab a flashlight from the trunk, in case it gets dark and a bat. I locked my car and walked towards the woods. I took a deep breath before stepping into the woods.

Alexis's POV

I woke up and moved over to cuddle with Shawn. I felt around but there was no one there. I opened my eyes and realized that I was in my cave. I sighed heavily as I remembered what happened yesterday. I honestly don't know what I want to do anymore. I have no one. I don't have a reason to live anymore. Maybe I should just go back to my pack and let my father do whatever he wants to me. He would probably kill me. I slowly sat up from my makeshift bed and put my head in my hands. I just need to go for a run. I got up from my bed and shifted. I ran out of my cave and ran around the woods for a while. The sun was starting to go down when I caught a whiff of something. That scent is familiar. I looked around the woods but I didn't spot anyone. I heard a faint voice in the distance but I couldn't hear what they were saying. I slowly walked towards the voice and I realized that they were calling my name. I could tell from the voice that it was Shawn. What does he want and how did he find me? It's dangerous out here. Especially for a human. Even if he rejected me, I don't want him to get hurt. I finally found where he was and hid behind a bush. It was now dark outside and he had something that was creating light. I watched him as he was in the clearing searching around.

Shawn's POV

I have been searching for hours now and I haven't found her. The woods are so big. I had to use the flashlight to see where I was going. I found paw prints a little while back and tried to follow them but they were going in different directions.

" Where is she?" I asked out loud as I sighed. I heard a twig crack behind me and I quickly turned around pointing the bat in front of me. I pointed my flashlight at a bush and I saw two glowing eyes. I can't tell what it is. I saw the eyes moving and suddenly, I saw white fur coming out from behind the bush. I saw an all white wolf standing in front of me. It looked at me with its head down.

" Alexis? Is that you?" I questioned. The wolf turned its head to the side slightly.

" Alexis I have been looking for you. Can you please turn back? It would be easier if I could talk to you." I said. The wolf looked at me and looked down at the floor. Suddenly, Alexis stood in the place where the wolf was. She was naked again. I blushed slightly and stared at her eyes. I could see the sadness in them as she looked down at the ground.