Chapter 16

Alexis's POV

I woke up in the morning with Shawn's arms around me. I had to use the washroom so I carefully got out of his arms and went to do my business. Once I was done, I went back to the bedroom and Shawn was just getting up. He stretched out and then rubbed his eyes. I smiled and walked over to him.

" Good morning babe." He said in his raspy morning voice. He placed a kiss on my lips. I smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

" Good morning." I said to him.

" How are you feeling today?" He asked me with concern.

" I'm feeling better." I said to him.

" Lay down. I want to check your wounds." He said to me. I nodded and laid down on the bed. He checked the bandage on my neck first and it was fully healed. Everything should be fully healed by now. He checked everything and it was healed.

" I wish I had accelerated healing like you." He said to me and I giggled.

" It's okay. Since you don't have accelerated healing like me, I will just have to keep you safe." I said and leaned in and kissed him. He smiled into the kiss and pulled away.

" What do you want to do today?" He asked me and I shrugged.

" How about we go to the dog park?" He asked me and I pouted at him.

" I'm not a dog." I said to him and he laughed.

" I know you're not but if we go to the dog park, you can change and run freely without being disrupted." He said and I thought about for a second before I nodded. We both got ready and went downstairs for breakfast. Shawn made pancakes for us and we are together. Once we were done, we left the house and got into the car. I stared out the window as we drove to the park.

" We need to park somewhere so I can change." I said to him. He nodded and parked in behind a building. I took off my clothes and changed in the back of the car. I shook myself out and then hoped into the front of the car.

" Better?" He asked me and I licked him. He laughed and pushed me away gently. He drove us to the park and parked. He got out and came to my side to let me out. When I got out of the car, I stretched a little and shook out my fur.

" Let's go." Shawn said and I followed by his side. When we walked into the dog park, there were dogs everywhere. I stayed close to Shawn as he walked over to a bench.

" Why aren't you playing?" He asked me and I looked around at all the people and dogs.

" No one will hurt you. The dogs just want to play and the people will love you. Trust me." He said and I nodded. I walked off and some dogs came up to me. They sniffed my butt which I didn't like so I turned and growled. They stopped and I decided to run around a little. I started running around and some of the dogs were joining me. We started playing around and it made me feel good. This reminds me of my siblings and my pack. Whenever we were in wolf form, we were always running and messing around. I miss it more than anything. I miss my siblings and my family. I miss my pack. I started to feel tired so I went back to Shawn and laid beside him. He chuckled and ran his fingers through my fur.

" Tired?" He asked me and I nodded. He gave me some of the water that I brought with me.

" Beautiful dog." A man said walking up to us. I watched as he approached looking for any sign of threat.

" Thank you." Shawn said with a bright smile.

" What breed is she?" He asked him.

" I'm not exactly sure but they think she's part wolf." He said and the guy nodded.

" Is it alright if I pet her?" He asked and Shawn looked over at me silently telling me to trust him with his eyes.

" Of course." He said. The guy reached over and stroked my fur. He smiled at me.

" Hey girl." He said while petting me gently.

" What's her name?" He asked Shawn.

" Bella." Shawn replied. I looked into the guys eyes as he pet me and I didn't feel threatened. He smiled and stopped petting me.

" Well I have to get going. Thanks for letting me pet this beauty right here. Bye." He said waving at Shawn as Shawn waved back. Shawn looked back at me with a wide smile.

" I'm proud of you. You were nice to him. See, not all humans are bad." He said and I nodded. He leant down and kissed me on the top of my head. I licked him in the face as he pulled away causing him to laugh.

" Let get going." He suggested and I got up. We walked back to the car and I got in the back. We started driving but he pulled into the back of a building so that I could change back. I changed back and put my clothes back on. I hoped into the front and smiled at Shawn. He leaned over and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. I smiled and pulled away.

" That was fun." I told him.

" That's good. You seemed to be having fun with some of the dogs after a while." He said and I nodded.

" Playing with the dogs reminded me of my siblings. We would turn and run around and play whenever we could. It made me miss them." I said with sadness.

" I know but hopefully one day you will get to see them again." He said and I nodded. He reached his hand over to hold mine. He drove us back home and we entered the house. I went to the living room and sat down on the couch. I turned on the tv and watched what was on the tv. The tv still fascinates me. Shawn came over and sat by me with a chuckle.

" You love the tv, don't you?" He asked and I nodded. He laid down on the couch and motioned for me to lay down. I cuddled into him and we watched tv for a couple hours. Shawn decided to order pizza which I love. Once we were finished eating, we headed upstairs and I changed into some clothes for sleeping. I laid down on the bed and waited for Shawn to come lay with me. Once he was done, he flopped down on the bed and cuddled into me. I smiled at him and gave him a kiss on the lips.

" Goodnight Shawn." I said with a smile.

" Goodnight, love." He said and I cuddled into his chest. I fell asleep shortly after.

Authors Note:

Hey guys. I'm sorry to anyone who still reads this. I've been busy with college and writing other books that I forgot to update. This is just a filler chapter and I know it's a bit boring but I promise it will get interesting soon. The book won't be much longer. Maybe 2-4 chapters more. Thank you for reading. ❤️❤️