Chapter 15

Shawn's POV

I decided to sleep on the couch and wait for Alexis to come back. I had a bad feeling about her going out but I decided to ignore it. At some point I fell asleep but I woke up to the sound of knocking on the back door. I slowly sat up and made my way over to the door. I opened the door and looked down with a gasp. I rushed over to Alexis's side.

" Alexis, what happened?" I asked her.

" My father." She mumbled before she passed out. I groaned in frustration. I don't know what to do. Do I bring her to the hospital or do I take care of her here? She has told me that they heal quicker than humans. It will be kind of hard to explain to them why she is healing so quickly and I don't want her to wake up and freak out. I sighed and decided to bring her upstairs. I gently put my arms under her and lifted her off the ground. She was shivering and I could feel how cold she was. I need to get her into some some clothes. I brought her up to the bedroom and laid her down on the bed. I grabbed a big t-shirt and pyjama pants. I put them to the side of the bed and looked over her injuries. She had a lot of bruising and she was bleeding a little from her neck and face, her side and stomach, and her leg. I went into the bathroom to grab my first aid kit and sat down on the bed. I worked on the more serious injuries first. The bite on her neck seemed to be almost healed already so I just put a bandage on it. I then moved on to her leg and wrapped it up with gauze as well as her side and stomach. I moved on to her head which was bleeding out of her eyebrow and her nose. Her face was probably the worst off. Her right eye was almost completely swollen shut and her face was bruised and battered. I sighed and cleaned her eyebrow and nose. I put the clothes on her carefully and then I gently stroked her cheek.

" I wish I could keep you from all the pain that you have been through. No one deserves this. I shouldn't have let you go out by yourself tonight. I could have tried to help you if I was there." I said with a sigh. I felt tears spring to my eyes.

" You have nothing to apologize for." I heard Alexis mumble. I looked up to see her staring at me.

" Maybe if I went out with you, I could've..." I started but she cut me off.

" If you would've came with me tonight, you would have been dead or worse off than I am. You have nothing to apologize for. I will heal." She said to me while searching for my hand. I grabbed it and brought it up to my lips to place a kiss on the back of her hand. She smiled lightly but I noticed her still shivering. I laid down in the bed beside her and opened my arms.

" Come here. You're shivering." I said to her and she slowly crawled into my arms. She groaned a little while getting herself in a comfortable position. I rolled into my side and gently pulled her into me. I pulled the blankets over us and kissed her forehead.

" What happened?" I asked her.

" My father thought I was too close to his territory so he sent two strong wolves from our pack to send me a message. They used to be my friends." She said with a sigh.

" Why would they hurt you if they were your friends?" I asked her.

" They were just doing what their alpha told them to do. They didn't want to but they can't disobey their alpha. What the alpha says goes. Even if they did go against what my father said, they would be exiled from the pack just like I was." She said to me and I sighed.

" Did you get bit on the neck?" I asked her and she nodded.

" When I was bandaging you up, there wasn't a big cut there. Why?" I asked her.

" Well the way that our bodies work is that we have accelerated healing. When our body senses that there is a serious injury, it will speed up the process. My body sensed that my neck was more serious then my other injuries so it focused on healing the bite quickly." She explained to me. Wow! That's awesome!

" How about if a werewolf is on the verge of death? Could it's body heal itself before they died?" I asked her.

" Even with our accelerated healing, we are not immune to death. If the injury is bad enough our body will try but it doesn't always work. Our bodies can only do so much. Broken bones take longer to heal than anything else." She said and I nodded.

" My father knew they wouldn't kill me. He just wanted them to really hurt me to prove his point. Plus, he knew it would be worse because they were my friends. He knew I wouldn't want to hurt them." She said with a sigh.

" Why does your father hate you so much? I get that you brought the young ones of the pack to the human world even though he told you not to, but to kick you out of the pack and hurt you. You're still his daughter." I said to her.

" I was a big disappointment to my father. I was the future alpha because I was the oldest, but I was never the alpha my father wanted me to be. I was strong because I inherited it but I wasn't ruthless like he is." She said with a sigh. I could see that she was holding something back.

" There is something else. You can tell me." I said to her and she sighed.

" I've told you about my family but what I didn't tell you is that I had another brother. He was a year younger than me and his name was Chris." She said to me.

" What happened to him?" I asked her.

" One day when Chris and I were 12 and 13, we were running through the forest in our wolf forms. Our parents told us to be careful and not go to a certain part of the forest by ourselves. We decided not to listen and we went anyway. We were not paying attention to our surroundings and Chris stepped on a trap. It wrapped around his foot and he got stuck. We were trying to get the trap off his foot but we heard humans approaching. Chris told me to run but I refused to. We both turned back and I stood in front of Chris. The humans were hunters with guns in their hands. They thought it was a game and as I tried to lunge at them to protect my brother, they shot me in the side. They then proceeded to shoot my brother in the chest. They laughed and decided to leave us there to die. Once they were gone, I turned back and ran over to my brother. He had turned back as well and was having trouble breathing. I managed to break the trap and pick him up. I promised him that he would be okay and that we would get back to my mom and dad and they would help him. I ran back to my pack but by the time I got to my parents, he was gone. My parents were devastated but not as much as I was. I still blame myself to this day. My mother forgave me but I don't think my father ever did. After Chris died, nothing I did was ever good enough for him." She said with tears flowing down her cheeks. I gave her a sad look and wiped her tears away.

" I am so sorry that you had to go through that. His death was not your fault." I said and she shook her head at me.

" It was my fault. It was my idea to go there. If I didn't talk him into it, then he would still be alive and maybe my father wouldn't hate me so much. That's why I don't trust humans. They shot my brother. That's why I got so protective when we were in the woods and I heard those hunters. I didn't want you to end up like Chris. I can't lose you too." She said and I pulled her into a hug as she cried into my chest. I gently ran my fingers through her hair as she cried. Eventually her tears stopped and she fell asleep. I kissed her on the forehead and fell asleep with her.