Chapter 2

I woke up to the sound of the other dogs barking. It was very annoying. I have been on my own for so long. It feels weird being around people or animals. I slowly walked up to the front of the cage to see what was going on and I saw that Shawn was feeding the dogs. I got excited that he was here and started pawing at the cage. Shawn came over to my cage and smiled.

" Hey Bella. I got some food for you." He said and had two dishes in his hand. He came in and put it down. I smelled it and backed up. It smelled disgusting.

" You have to eat. I know you are not used to it but you have to eat." He said. I growled and went to the back of the cage. I am not going to eat that nasty stuff. He sighed and moved on to feed the others. I laid down and whined. I miss being in the woods. I miss the feeling of being free. The only good part about being here is that my mate is here. Shawn came back around and came to my cage. I sat up and looked over at him. He smiled and came in. I walked over to him and rubbed into his leg.

" Hey Bella. Do you want to go outside and play?" He said while petting me. I howled and he put a leash around my neck. I hate when they put this thing around my neck but I let him. He brought me to a yard that was fenced off so I couldn't run. He let me off the leash and I started running around. It felt so nice to be free. I ran over to Shawn and jumped on him. He fell over and I started licking him. He started laughing and pushed me off. We were playing for a little while but then they let another dog out. The dog ran right up to me and I growled a little.

" It's okay Bella. She just want to be friends with you." He said trying to get me to be nice. I huffed because he is right. Also if I want him to take me home I am going to have to be nice. I let the dog sniff me and then played with the dog a little. They slowly let out a couple more dogs and they all sniffed me. Eventually they left me alone and played with each other. I was happy that they left me alone. I went to sit next to Shawn and watched the dogs play. I don't really like being with the other dogs because I am so used to being alone but at the same time it made me feel alone. We are supposed to stay in packs and be with our family. My pack turned on me because of my father. I whined and Shawn looked down at me.

" What's wrong Bella?" I put my head down on his lap and he pet my head. I want to tell him about me so bad but I can't yet. He took me back to my cage and put me in. I started whining and pawing at the cage.

" It's okay girl. I will see you tomorrow." He said with a smile and walked away. I heard him walk out of the room and start talking to someone.

" Hey Shawn. Are you going to adopt Bella? I think she really likes you." She said.

" Yeah I think so. I think she is so cute. I was just going to talk to Carly about adopting her." He said. I jumped up in the air because I was so happy. He is adopting me. Now I just got to figure out how to tell him. I laid down and sighed in content.