Prologue

Author's Note

Hiii! :) My name is LucidRebel. Thank you so much for being interested in reading my story <3

Firstly, I would like to preface this story with a TRIGGER WARNING: there is one instance of sexual assault later in this story. there are also graphic and gory depictions as well. i will indicate at the beginning of the chapter in which this happens with another trigger warning.

Second, this story breaks away from the canon storyline. The plot and characters follow the main storyline loosely, but I changed certain parts.

Third, i want to let you know that i started to write this fanfiction when i was 12-13!!! TWELVE!!! girl........ the writing is BAD. like, my GOD, i have no idea how anyone was able to read through it.

me to my middle school self wondering why this storyline is so UNNECESSARILY convoluted:

anyway. i've taken it upon myself to revise every single darn chapter in this story. but there is one small issue...

"revise" basically means RE-WRITE EVERY SINGLE DAMN CHAPTER so that it is actually half coherent. as you could imagine, reading a sentence, attempting to make sense of it, and then completely rewording it into a real sentence LITERALLY takes me like straight uphours to recreate an entire chapter. so i'm like super sorry that it's so bad!!!!

if the first few chapters/half of the story seems a like it's written a lot better than the later parts, it's because i'm chugging through it slowly. it rips the soul out of my body to read my own terrible writing.

 it rips the soul out of my body to read my own terrible writing

As such, it takes a lot of mental  & physical effort to make this story only slightly better

As such, it takes a lot of mental  & physical effort to make this story only slightly better. i ALSO realize that there are so!!! many!!! points i try to make that make absolutely NO sense. like, as i'm editing, i'm also reading this story for what feels like the first time. i l i t e r a l l y have no idea what the hell i was thinking. i tried wayyyy too hard to make an ~aesthetic~ ~edgy~ OC who's super powerful and ~op~ and it turned out looking kinda foolish.

but whatever!!! regardless of the trials and tribulations are of writing this story. i hope that you at the very least enjoy it for what it is. it was the first fanfiction i ever wrote (what the heckckkcckc!!) and it is meaningful to me in that way. i hope that i can make you smile and cry and laugh and excited. this is a lil stupid thing that i wrote because when i read other fanfictions, i was sooo ~inspired~, and i love writing very much, so i was like alrighttttt why the heck not!

so buckle the heck up and have fun reading. knowing that someone read my writing and had fun is my greatest joy!!! so please take your time, leave any comments or reactions you have, and know that i am the MOST thankful for you being here.

i love you :D <3

~~~~~

A small, fragile girl stood sobbing in the middle of a burning house in Yumegakure, the Village Hidden Among Dreams.

"M—mother... F—father!" she sobbed. Far in the distance, two figures were quickly sprinting away from the fire. They quickly disappeared into the shadows of the night.

The young girl was covered in soot and burns. The flames roared high above her deep brown hair, the ends of her long locks brushing against the backs of her knees.

The ceiling was on the verge of collapse.

"H—help...!" she screamed, praying someone would come. But no one did. Her small kimono, a lovely pink decorated with yellow flowers, was now singed black around its edges.

All she could do was crouch and cower as bits and pieces of the ceiling started raining down on her.

Suddenly, the rampaging flames began to move strangely. They swirled around the little girl, collecting into a vortex that surrounded her. She looked up timidly, her tears leaving trails over her soot-covered cheeks. They stopped flowing when she saw that the flames were flecked with all of the colors of the rainbow. The girl giggled as she watched the spectacular show of the dancing colors glow vibrantly.

As quickly as they had appeared, the flames rushed in toward her. They didn't burn her, though. Instead, they went inside her. Almost instantly, her soft brown hair glowed and blazed until it was a brilliant red. She closed her eyes, feeling something unfamiliar inside her.

The young girl opened her eyes, her irises changing from an amber brown to a gleaming red with flecks of shining gold. She stood and wiped away her tears.

Somehow, she new ....

This was a new beginning.