chapter 2

The black unicorn was chasing her, she was running as fast as her legs could, but seemed not to gain any speed. She turned to fight it, knowing she couldn't outrun it, she had no choice but to fight. The unicorn ramned into her chest.

Alyssa sat up quickly, her heart was beating rapidly and her breathing was heavy, to make things worse she had been crying. Her make-up was a wreck. Alyssa pulled herself off the couch and on shaky legs went to her room.

Alyssa fixed her make-up and braided her hair. She flopped on her bed and began to read about unicorns. They looked like horses with a horn and some even had wings. The unicorn's horn hold powers of some sort and they can fly really fast.

She soon heard her dad's car door close and then heard him walk in.

" I'm hoome!" He exclaimed

Alyssa ran and hugged him. Alyssa's dad was tall and muscular he had a nice tan, spikey black hair and amazing forest green eyes, he was always the calmer one when Alyssa got in trouble.

" Are you ok you look alittle pale?" he asked worry on his features.

Alyssa thought about it awhile. should I tell him? Will he think I have gone mad? Would he understand? she decided to tell him, he was her dad.

After Alyssa told him he studied her for awhile. He shook his head and said,

" It was only a dream and unicorns are not real."

Alyssa didn't know what to say, yes it was only a dream but why all of a sudden was she having a dream about an unicorn?

Her dad went to watch t.v without another word to her and Alyssa decided to go finish her homework.

Alyssa just finished her homework when she heard her mom coming inside the house. Alyssa walked down but stopped halfway to listen to her parents.

" Thats what she told me." Alyssa's dad said.

" This is bad, do you think..." Alyssa's mom started.

" No, it was just a dream nothing like that."

" Good." Alyssa's mom sighed in relief.

Do they think I have gone crazy? What did they mean? Alyssa's thoughts were mixed up and she felt she would passout, she did not though and instead she went downstairs and greeted her mom.

They ate dinner awhile later, it was unusually quiet. Soon Alyssa couldn't stand the silence and blurted out,

"Where are we going for christmas?"

" We are going up to the cabin on the mountains." her dad answered.

"Yes!!" Alyssa exclaimed happily. Alyssa loved going to the mountains where she could walk down some of the many trails, and play in the snow.

Alyssa finished and went to take a shower, she relaxed when the warm water hit her skin and all the images disappeared.

After her shower she said goodnight and hopped in bed. She fell asleep after awhile.

The unicorn stabbed her in the chest her body bursts into flames, it burned her and the pain was great. When the flames died she was still standing, she felt the sudden chill as her body began to freeze, she was a living popsicle, as quickly as it came it left and she yelled in agony as angry vines whipped her, she fell to the ground writhing in pain. She wanted no freedom or mercy and stood her ground, everything turned black.

Alyssa sat up her heart beating rapidly, on shaky legs she got up. She couldn't go back to sleep, and her dream seemed so real like she was still sore from the slashes. She decided to read some more although it didn't really help.

Soon she just got ready for school picking skinny jeans and a light pink tank top. She then brushed her hair put some make-up on, grabbed her stuff and went downstairs for breakfast.

Alyssa hugged her mom and ate her breakfast quickly. She hopped on her bus and plopped in next to Emily. They talked about Emily's new baby sister who will be named Belle.

First period Victoria was talking ti Mr. Legend.

" Are you married or dating someone?" Victoria asked.

" No" Mr. Legend said annoyed.

" You look very nice today." Victoria flirted.

" look I am not interested in you, go flirt with someone else." Mr. Legend said calmly.

" Nice try Victoria." Emily says as she walks by.

Victoria glares at us and leaves. We sit down to listen about boring history.

Nothing more happened and soon the day was over.

On the bus Alyssa and Emily talked about christmas break, Emily was going to go to her aubts house but they changed thier minds so now they are going to go to her grandmas which is on the other side of thier town.

When Alyssa got home she was so tired and decided to try and take a nap. Surprisingly she slept peacefully without any bad dreams and slept till her dad came home.

" So have you had anymore of those dreams?" Her dad asked when she awoke.

" No." She answered.

" Good so are you almost done packing, we are leaving alittle early."

" Oh so when are we leaving?" Alyssa asked.

" In three days hopefully." He answered.

" Really! Awesome!" Alyssa squealed.

Alyssa ran to her room, she called Emily and told her the great news.

"Wow, lucky I wish I could come with you." Emily said.

" Yeah I know right, so how is your mom?" Alyssa asked.

There was a groan then Emily said she had to go, her mom was getting kicked and probaly needed her help.

...

The three days past uneventful and now it is christmas break. Alyssa and Emily hugged each other before they parted.

When Alyssa got home she finished packing her warm clothes and her make-up, phone, a couple books ect. She just had to wait for her mom then they would off.

" Are we ready?!" Alyssa's mom asked ethusuastically.

" Yes!!" Alyssa and her dad chorused.

Then they all piled into the car and braced themselves for a long bumpy ride up the mountain to the cabin.

Yes finally I get a break from school, chores, and that weird nightmare. I can relax and have fun. Thats what Alyssa thought.

AN: I want to say that if u have any suggestions or advice please please tell me. Thank u to all who read, vote, or comment love u guys♥.

Also school starts again but I will try to update soon.:-)