chapter 9

" We will start with one element at a time, a week for each element then you will have an extra week for combining your powers." The earth master explained in his deep baritone voice.

     "Lets start with fire," the fire master stated ethusiastically and the other masters nodded.

   " wait, what?...here? right now?" Alyssa asked shocked.

   " Yes here, and you will be learning fire powers first." the fire master briefly explained.

   Before Alyssa could ask anymore the other masters disappeared leaving her with the fire master and Skeel in the clearing. The fire master made a flame in his hand then he threw it making a small fire on the ground.

   " now make a flame not to hot and throw it to the ground to make a small fire." He commanded.

   Alyssa made a flame.

   " concentrate on your flame keep your power with it and throw it to the ground."

   Alyssa concentrated and threw her flame to the ground unfortunatley it did not make a fire but only burnt the grass. She sighed this was harder than she thought. The master smirked and the grass under Alyssa's feet caught afire with a very hot blue flame on the verge of turning white. Alyssa could not move even if she wanted the flames wrapped around her legs holding her in place. She tried not to cry as the flames burned her flesh.

   She endured her punishment four more times until she succeeded.

   " It is time for you to train with the General, so you can know how to use weapons." The fire master dismissed her and Skeel went with her.

   Alyssa did not know if her legs could hold her much longer which still had a burning sensation. She was not about to give up though she then started walking to the General.

   " Ah, there you are." the General greeted.

   The General was huge and had bulging muscles he was bald with a terrible scar running down the side of his face barely missing his ear. His eyes were a deep brown. He was wearing tight pants and a short white manly skirt. His chest was bare showing off his well toned muscles. He looked to be in his mid 30s his strong jaw went well with his crooked nose.

   " Hello General." Alyssa greeted back.

   " We will practice all the weapons to see which one suits you the best." He stated in hid gruff voice throwing her sword.

   He advanced towards her, Alyssa knew she had to have a stance so using a stance from a movie she got ready.

   " nice stance." the general commented looking at her. She had her feet slightly apart and her sword was pointed straight she held it with both hands. Then he charged.

   Alyssa dodged the blow nimbly and quickly returned to her stance just as he swung to the right, by instinct she went to block it. Their swords clashed. Alyssa saw an opening and swung her sword towards it. Unfortunatley it was a trick and the general moved pricking her leg.

   They tried all manner of weapons. She was good at daggers, swords, and bows and arrows. She could not lift an axe and she almost pinned the general with a spear completly missing the target..of course those are just a few.

    Alyssa continued to train. She learned the basics of sword fighting. They fought again at the end to see how much she improved. Alyssa dodged whirled and struck out at him. He blocked them and attacked. Alyssa blocked as many as she could after an hour or so Alyssa was tired. She knew the general was going easy on her. In a blurred motion the general flung her sword away and held her at sword point, not even panting.

   " With more practice you will be very good." The general stated smiling.

   " Now get back to the fire master he is to train you more."

   "WHAT!!! I thought I was done" Alyssa almost yelled

   The general chuckled leading her to the gate.

   Alyssa made her way back to the clearing..to say she was exhausted would be an understatement. She just wanted to drop.

   " We told you it will be painful it is a 24 hour training except for you to eat, after three days you have a half a day to sleep or whatever you want." The fire master explained appearing out of the trees.

   Alyssa gasped they were trying to kill her.

  " This is not fair, Did you have to do this?" Alyssa asked her anger rising.

   " Oh no but we know how you feel in order to build your strength and power quickly, for when Deathbringer strikes he will strike hard, he is regaining his power when his power is back you need to be ready." The fire master encouraged.

   " This also has to do with me being the savior too right?" Alyssa asked.

   " Well yes." he answered.

   " but.." Alyssa started but was cut off when a stream of fire flew at her.  She dodged it.

   " This is your next lesson you can make dragon fire, a fire as you would see in a movie one that is like a stream." The master stated.

   " Now hold both your hands outward and concentrate on making a stream of fire." He intructed.

  Alyssa held out her hands concentrating closing her eyes she felt her power in her hands being shot out...it did not feel like fire though.

   Alyssa then heard a yell to she opened her eyes to see a very soaked and angry master.

   " I said fire!!" He exclaimed as he put his hands together a white stream hit Alyssa hard in the stomach...all she could think was

    why me?

                                 ...

   Deathbringer had to go through the village to see his friend. He heard a yell and went to investigate. He saw Alyssa getting hit by a white fire stream trying not to cry out..and a very soaked but angry fire master.

Deathbringer chuckled..maybe they will kill her first.

   oh well forget them I have to see my friend. with that Deathbringer left.

AN: well sorry for the late update I was not feeling well anyway hopefully I will update sooner next time I hope you liked it..

   please vote and comment:-)