chapter 5

Alyssa woke and saw two concerned orange eyes. Alyssa screeched in surprise, and calmed herself minute or two afterwards. It was a guy he had flame like hair, it was more of a blue flame though it was dark blue at the bottom and as it grew out it grew lighter, and lighter so his tips were pretty much white. His hair was long and straight reaching to his waist. His face was handsome he had a strong jaw, thin lips, and then those wierd eyes.

   " Oh, sorry for scaring you." He apologized with a soft playful voice.

   "It's ok um are your eyes ok?" Alyssa asked in wonderment as his eyes changed from orange to blue.

  He chuckled softly "No, my eyes are always like this, they switch colors often."

  "Okay." Alyssa said unsurely.

  " By the way my name is Marlo." Marlo introduced himself with a small bow and a bueatiful smile.

  " Pleasure to meet you I am sure, my name is Alyssa." Alyssa replied smiling and doing a small curtsie.

  There was a light knock on the door, a guy stood there he was about the same hieght and age as Marlo, holding a bucket of water. He had clear hair like water and ocean blue eyes, he had a younger face than Marlo and a fitting smirk that made Alyssa want to blush. The poor guy could not hold the bucket anymore and it fell splashing water all over Marlo.

   " Dood you just sizzled me, not cool." Marlo said alittle angrily.

   " Sorry man I couldn't hold it any longer." the guy apologized.

   " Splasher! you could have set it down, now I have to waste my energy on drying myself,"  Marlo whined.

   "So who's the pretty gal?" Splasher  asked winking rougishly at Marlo.

    " This is Alyssa." Marlo answered.

    " So your Alyssa, wow." Splasher commented.

   Marlo started to steam it really freaked Alyssa out, but what freaked her out even more was when his whole body burst into flames. Splasher was able to calm her, but not very much.

   " I have water powers, Marlo, my man has fire powers so don't worry." Splasher tried to explain.

   When Marlo was dried he explained further.  "Everyone has a special power, well unicorns, anyway there is fire, water, earth, and air, human call them elements we call them powers."

   "Do I have a power? How do I know? How do you use them?" Alyssa asked.

   " Of course you have powers, you will know which one and how to use it at training." Splasher answered.

   " Is the training difficult?" Alyssa asked.

   " It depends on what element you get and how many." Marlo answered.

   " So you can get all of them?" Alyssa inquired.

   " Of course though not even the king has all of them. The training for that would be very difficult, very painful too, I dont know what you do, but dont worry I am pretty sure you wont get all of them, ussually only very strong people get all." Marlo explained.

   Alyssa went quiet, what if she did get all of them? could she handle it? if she couldnt would she die and all the unicorns with her? thoughts swirled around her head, she didnt understand how a son could betray is own father and then not only wage war but capture unicorns and destroy them all.

   " You can never get hungry here, I will explain later, but do you want to start training?" Splasher asked Alyssa.

   "Of course I do."Alyssa answered confidently.

   They reached the training grounds, it is like a massive pasture, it had wierd symbols and lines all over the ground though. There were four stages made out of an element. The trainers stood in the middle of the stages talking and teaching different moves.

  "Your going over there with the beginners." Marlo stated pointing to a smaller stage with four more trainers. Each student would go to one, then move to the next trying all of them, just in case.

   " Let the training begin." Splasher exclaimed ethusiastically pushing Alyssa in line.

                                 ...

   " Sire! Sire!" The servant Barlon yelled urgently while running up to Deathbringer's chamber.

   " What is it Barlon?" Deathbringer asked.

   " Sire, the spies you sent to go see why they bow and what they call her, they are all dead except one."

  "Send the spy in." Deathbringer ordered.

   The spy came he had green eyes and curly yellow hair his body was small but he was fast.

  " Well Calamo what happened?"

   " Well Sire we got there to her but when the others looked at her they died i glanced at her and the pressure on my heart was almost unbareable. She appears weak but her power force is strong." Calamo stated shakingly.

" Did you figure out why they bow to her and what they call her."

  "Aye, she is the savior of the unicorns."