.14.

Anastasia hears screaming.

Not excited screaming.
Or crazy.
Or even scared.

Its the kind of scream that comes with an agony so deep, you can't fathom any other form of communication beside tearing your throat apart.

Ray jumps in the bed next to her.

"Ana? Who's screaming?"

"It's okay, Sunshine. Just go back to sleep."

He nods, and rolls over, covering his fluffy head with a pillow, trying to drown out the pain being communicated.

Ana walks to the door and presses her back to it.

The screamer doesn't stop for breath, it's just continuous and loud.

And heartbreaking.

What could've happened that would've caused someone so much pain?

Such pain, they couldn't contain it in their shell of a body.

___________

Frank hears the screaming too.

But, instead of wondering he's trying to block it out.

He's heard that kind of scream before. A pain so tremendous.

He's screamed like that before.

He just doesn't remember when Or why.

The scream is abruptly cut off. Either others got tired of it, Or the screamer is finished.

He breaths a sigh of relief, and removes The pillow and his hands from his ears.

"Frank?"

The echo-y whisper makes his heart jump, but He realises it's coming from the barred window.

He stands on the bed and looks through.

Anastasia stands on the other side of the empty room, where Gerard and Mikey used to be, looking back at him.

"What?"

"Did you hear that too?"

"Yea. I'm pretty sure the whole of the US heard that."

"Okay. Good. Wait, n-not like that. I just mean, I'm glad I'm not going insane. Well, more so."

"Huh."

Frank bites at his bottom lip. She's afraid of going more insane. Why is she helping him then?

"Ana."

"Yea?"

Her eyes are a dazzling green in the moonlight, making her whole face have a slight magical quality to it.

"Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Frank."

____________

The next morning a voice over the PA system explains that we have nothing to worry about. Just an accident.

Anastasia sits in the grass, twisting flowers togethe into a crown.

Ray is attempting the same thing, with more of a knot of long grass and daisies, then a crown.

Ana places the ring of flowers on Ray's head as he groans in frustration.

"I'm trying to make a crown for Mikey." He explains, holding out the mess.

"I'll give it to him, when I go visit Gerard."

She frowns slightly as his name curls off her lips.

Gerard wasn't at breakfast, or free rec, which wasn't unusual since Mikey got hurt, but he would always make sure to find Ana in the cafeteria, when he got his food, and update her on Mikey.

He wasn't there this morning.

Ana adjust some of Ray's flowers and holds it up for inspection.

"Perfect." Ray says, smiling.

"Good."

She stands, going to use the last 20 minutes of free rec to see Gerard.

She sprints down the hallways, toward the infirmary.

Her cheeks are slightly pink from the sun exposure, and her hair is pulled into a simple ponytail.

"Gerard?" she asks, turning her head into the infirmary.

It's silent and empty.

No Gerard. No Mikey.

She frowns, and turns to Mrs. Armstrong.

"Where are the Way brother's?"

The nurse's face shifts into such a strong emotion, Ana doesn't know wether to hug her or run.

"They-

Cliffhanger af!!!! Not even sorry.

Wel I kinda am, but whatever. I'll get over it.