Chapter 11

The following morning after her meeting as agreed she picked up breakfast from Waffle House and headed over to the studio. As she made her way down the hall she heard arguing. One voice she knew to be Quincy's. "Gah dammit Spencer. Leave. There is nothing here for you." Danjur stood in the doorway. Neither of them seeing her presence. "What can she do for you that I can't? She's white for fuck sake!" That made Danjur clear her throat. They both looked up. Spencer looked at her in disgust. "Q you always know where home is." He was about to speak but Danjur did instead. "You're right he does. With me. The white girl. I'm the one he's with morning,afternoon and night. You're too late. Let it go." She quietly turned to him. "Quincy honey are you ready, we have a viewing in about 20 minutes." He simply smiled and nodded. She placed her perfectly manicured dainty hand into his. Spencer was more than pissed. Danjur wasn't upset but she wasn't quite comfortable with the situation either.

As soon as they made it to their cars Danjur followed Quincy to his house so they could take the same car. He could tell she was uneasy about the whole situation and he was uneasy about it himself. As she waited for him to transfer to her car he contemplated on how this conversation could go. Before he could close the door completely she began backing out of the driveway. "Danni." She didn't respond. Once she stopped at the first location she sat there for a minute collecting her thoughts. "Danni." She shook her head. "I'm trying really hard Q. We're doing so good. I'm a grown ass woman so don't try to pacify me like some child. I dealt with the situation and I appreciate you defending me. So please lets look at these houses you begged me to look at this morning and get it over with." She said rolling her eyes at the way he puppy dog eyed her this morning. He chuckled as they got out of the car.

"Morning Danni. Quincy." He looked up from his phone to see Patience standing in front of them smiling. "Ummm. Morning Pati." He said slightly confused. "She found me my house and at a great price so hopefully with this one too." Danjur told him and he simply nodded. "So I found 2 houses that seemed like what you guys were looking for, both spacious..."

"You have picked a beautiful home. I woulda went for that one too." Pati told her sister. "You guys seem to be getting pretty serious." Danjur looked behind her as Quincy paced back and forth in front of the window arguing with someone on the phone. "Yeah. We are. I'm really starting to fall on love with him. We've been friends for so long the past 7 months haven't seemed to be different for us. I mean I struggled with the acceptance that somebody loved me. That somebody aside from Tyler wanted me. He broke me." Pati looked at her sister and smiled sweetly. "Wow Tyler and mommy did a number on you." Danjur chuckled. "Shut up. Yeah they did and with mommy it's just hopeless. I give up. I can't do it anymore." Patience simply nodded. She knew the hellish woman her mother was. She never understood why she was such a cold person. No matter how hard she was as she raised them, Danjur always seemed to be the one to lift their spirits and keep them smiling. She was always a happy person but was constantly down because she wanted her mothers approval so badly. Hoping things have changed she was sad to agree but she hoped her sister really was done with their mother.

"I'm glad Danni. Hopefully things will go well. Like kids." Danjur twisted her face up. "Oh come on! Somebody in this family's body has to grow fat and have their body go outta wack aside from me!" Danjur giggled. "Hell no. I look damn good. Thank your mother for that." Danjur said as she stood and began walking away. "Your ass is still alot hotter than hers!" Patience called after her. 

Danjur stepped outside to hear Quincy still on the phone arguing. "Why would you lie about something like that? This is my life you're toying with!" She could tell he was angry so she leaned against the car quietly playing on her phone as she waited for Patience to hear back about their offer on the house. "He's my son! Of course I would want to know that! You are really a sick person. Spencer if I find out in anyway that you're lying to me, I will destroy you." Quincy looked to see Danjur standing against the car with tears in her eyes. "Danni. Let me explain." She finally let out the breath that she was holding. She was angry and hurt. Quincy could see it clearly in her eyes but her face remained calm. "Ummm. Here's the keys. I'm gonna stay here and wait on the paper work." She wiped her eyes before the tears spilled. He grabbed her hand and held onto her tightly as she tried to pull away. "I didn't know. This is new for me too. Just don't push me away again." He pecked her cheek. He did as she asked and took the keys, leaving her with her sister. Hoping she would calm her down. 

Danjur walked into the restroom to collect herself but she knew the moment her sister asked she would spill. She went back into Pati's office as she was on the phone. Danjur took a seat and tweeted until her sister was done. "Thank you very much." Patience placed the phone back and excitedly turned to her sister. "They accepted the offer. In the next hour the house will belong to you." Danjur tried to seem enthused but by the look on her sisters face she knew she failed. Before she could ask Danjur spilled the contents of this whole twisted situation between herself,Quincy,Spencer and Tyler. Patience applauded Danjur for being so strong. "Go home. Listen. Talk. Share the good news now bye." Danjur was about to protest but Pati cut her off. "Out now. Catch a cab bitch." Danjur sighed and held her hand out. She refused to pay with her own money. Patience handed over $100. "I want that back!" Danjur flipped her off and headed home to protest.

She caught a cab home because she knew Quincy dropped her car there. She saw the car in the yard and hoped he had left. She let herself inside to him sitting on the couch with his head back in deep thought. She sighed and dropped her keys on the table by the door. Quincy sat up and looked at her with pleading eyes. Dannjur walked away and went into the study and took a seat behind the desk. She began ordering funiture and other items for the new house. She wasn't stupid and new better than to let something so crazy break up their relationship, she was just upset and preferred not to speak in fear of regretful words.

By the time she was done ordering the stuff for their bedroom Quincy had came in and took a seat in front of her. "Danni. Before you say anything just know that this is new to me too. I don't know what Spencer has up her sleeve or what she's trying to do but we can't let it get between us. I really do love you. Your what's important to me. My heart is with you." She wiped the tears before they fell. "I love you too Q. I'm just tryna wrap my head around the fact that such a spiteful person has your child. She's evil Quincy and I don't want her involved in our lives unless it has something to do with your child. Don't let her invade our lives Quincy. Don't let her take over us. That's all I ask." Quincy nodded. It seemed that whenever things are going good for them no matter how hard they work on things something bad always comes abd ruin it but they were determined to make it work regardless of the odds against them. Evil was working a major number on them and in a hard way. The sooner their lives were working for them the better.

Quincy kissed Danjur with so much force that he had his way with her right there on the desk. After a heated making up Quincy left to begin packing. Missing her father dearly she decided to call and give him the good news. "Are you  sure about this babygirl? I mean I trust you. It's that damn brother of yours I don't trust so much. That big house to Truth all alone is like unleashing hell on earth." Danjur doubled over at her fathers metaphor. "I'll be no more than 20 minutes away. It's not far. I'll be there alot so don't worry." Nick sighed. "I can't help but worry about you kids. I'll send Tru over in the morning to help you pack. Congratulations baby." She smiled. "Thank you Popeye. I'll see you tomorrow." They hung up as Danjur curled up in bed.

Mi Amour: Good night beautiful. I love you. I'll see you in the morning. Try to sleep well without me cause I'm trying here.

Danjur's heart fluttered. She fell asleep peacefully with a wide smile spread across her face.