Chapter 5

After the situation in the elevator with Quincy, Danjur pulled herself together before walking down to Melanie's office. She made a pit stop by her office to be sure Tara had everything was set and ready for the party. "Are you gonna tell me where you got lost to, looking like you went through a steam room." Danjur simply ignored Tara's statement. "Did you get everything situated for Mr.Hilson's file?" Tara secretly rolled her eyes and nodded. Melanie said to tell you that she wanted to speak to you as soon as possible." Danjur nodded and grabbed her things and headed over to her office. "Mel." She was on the phone but motioned for Danjur to take a seat. Once she hung up the phone she pulled out the envelope and handed it to Danjur. "I had no idea you managed to pull Quincy Hills on as a client." Danjur nodded. She was still fairly upset about the things said over lunch. Melanie could tell she was pretty upset. "Danni. I just want to apologize for everything we said yesterday. We were only concerned. That's what best friends do. We only want what's best for you." Danjur knew they meant no harm but the words were just too much. "It's okay Mel. I understand. The items in this envelope are very important and all I ask is that you put it with my special files. It cannot be opened no matter what." Melanie always believed in respecting someone's privacy. "We're still having the weekly sleep over Sunday." Melanie nodded and Danjur immediately stood and walked out of the office.

Once making it home, she had about 2 hours to kill. She threw her bag on the couch. She made her way to the kitchen to see candles lit on the counter and a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries with a note on the island with Lessons in Love by TGT playing in the background. She smiled at the sweet gesture. She picked up a strawberry and bit into it while reading the note that says turn around. Once facing the door way, she saw Quincy dressed in a pair of khaki cargo shorts paired with a black polo shirt and a pair of jordans. He looked good and her eyes followed his every move. He stepped in front of her and placed a hand on her waist. Danjur felt her knees go weak. Quincy starred at the dazed lustful look in her eyes. No matter how dark and cloudy they got, they always sparkled to him. Danjur to a breath. "Wha. What are you um. What are you doing here?" She finally managed to get out. Their date wasn't for another 2 hours. "Couldn't wait." He told her as he gentely placed a kiss on her lips. Danjur closed her eyes out of reaction. The kiss wasn't rough. It was soft,sweet and passionate. Something about it was different. Quincy stood back up at full height looking down at Danjur. She giggled once she realized his response. She felt shy in front of him. He liked that. He took her hair out of the pony tail and ran his hands through it. She leaned into his hand. He took her chocolate covered fingers into his mouth. Shooting tingles through her body with every touch. He kissed the tips of her fingers. "Quincy." Her breath had quickened. "What are we really doing?" Quincy began kissing up her arm. Once he reached the crease of her neck he piled gentle kisses in the same place. "Quincy." She managed to moan out. "Quincy. Wait." He kept kissing her. "Wait." She pushed him back a little. "Quincy." She said after catching her breath. "What are we really doing here?" Quincy ran a hand down his face. "What is it that you want from me? I'm here. With you. I only want you." He had both hands placed on her face. "If we are gonna do this Quincy. I mean really do this. Quincy I want no one else in this. Only us. Other wise this won't work. Work with me because I have flaws and they don't go away easily. Don't run off on me. Please more than anything just keep this between us and when we are in the business leave it that way. I don't want us in the public eye. I'm not ready to deal with the family stage yet." Quincy nodded in understanding. "I accept everything. Flaws, time, business and relationship separate, no families yet. I get it. Nothing more, nothing less remember." Danjur nodded. "Nothing more, nothing less." He picked her up and placed her on the island. They began fighting with each other's clothes. They made love right there on the island. After a heated session in the kitchen and  shower, they both were finally laying in bed resting. Danjur was laying on Quincy's chest with her leg across his waist. Quincy was laying on his back with an arm securely around her and the other behind his head. Both lost in their own sea of thoughts and laying in a comfortable silence. "Danni." He whispered into her hair. She kissed his cheek to let him know he had her attention. "I know you may not feel the same and it's no rush but I starting to fall in love with you." Quincy was right. Danjur wasn't sure if she felt that way just yet. She was still confused. "You don't have to say it. I just wanted you to know."  She snuggled closer to him and began drifting off to sleep.