Chapter 10

Danjur woke up this morning feeling that her life was moving in the right direction. Her company was doing very well, her family was well and healthy as well as her friends, and she was in an amazing relationship with the man of her dreams. Things may have gotten kinda rocky but they soon smoothed over and she was more than glad. Danjur did her daily routine and began to curl her hair. She loved the simplicity of the cut and how manageable it became. She walked into her closet and grabbed a pair of leather skirt with flower printed fishnets. She found a pair of black wedge booties with a gold buckle. She stood from the chair and pulled on a leather and mesh long sleeve fitted crop top. She ran her fingers through her hair and painted her lips a bright red. She put on a gold rope chain and her gold MK watch. She grabbed her black and gold MK clutch and slipped on her cream trench coat. She checked her teeth for lipstick, grabbed her phone and keys and headed out the door.

Pulling out of the drive way a car slammed on breaks in front of the driveway cause Danjur to instantly slam on breaks dangerously. "What the hell!" She shouted. She watched through her rear view mirror as Tyler stepped out of the car with a devilish smirk. She got out of the car pissed. "Dammit Tyler! What part of leave me alone don't you get?" he chuckled. "Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. It's amazing how quickly you forget Danni." He said as he stepped closer. "Go away Tyler." She replied through clenched teeth. He chuckled and placed a hand by her head against the car. "Don't forget who is in charge Danni. I still own you. That boyfriend of yours doesn't scare me." He ran a hand through her hair and gripped it tight. "If I say jump you do. Don't get him killed Danni. It won't end nice for either of you." Danjur was wincing in pain. "Let me go Tyler. Why can't you do that?" She asked boldly. "Simple. Your mine." He said through his teeth. She grabbed his arm trying to snatch away. "Let me go Tyler. That's all I ask. Just leave me alone." She pleaded. "I'll be back. This isn't finished." He pushed her against the car and walked away, hopping in his car and speeding off. She was going to the police to tighten up on the restraining order against him. She wiped the tears that managed to fall and got back inside the car gently. She took a couple of deep breaths before she declared the rest of her day and year to go great.

Danjur arrived at the facility an hour after she went to the police station and got the restraining order redone and showed the officers the marks that were across her back. Danjur looked up and saw her father sitting with her mother. "Danni. You look beautiful." Nick said as he stood and hugged her tightly. "Thank you Popeye." She said as she held the embrace. "Hey mommy. You look good." Dream smiled and nodded. "Thank you. You're glowing. It's nice." Danjur smiled. It was a genuine gesture and Nick was happy. Danjur shed her coat and took a seat across from her parents. Dream taught the girls to dress to impress and make a statement. "So how is everything?" Dream asked trying to avoid the elephant in the room. Danjur sighed, pushing her hair out of her face. "The company is doing really well. Thinking about expanding. The girls are doing really well. Truth is back in school and currently holding his bedroom at my house hostage. Patience and the twins are doing really well. Me and Quincy are doing well. We celebrated New Years together. So that's about it. What about you mommy?" Danjur looked up from her phone after responding to a work email. She saw a hint of anger in her eyes but chose to ignore it. "I'm making progress. The better I do the more visits I gain at home. Umm. I have to join AA once I leave and keep in constant contact with my sponsor." Nick was relieved they were finally speaking. If only Dream would just apologize. He nudged her twice. She ignored him and continued their conversation. "Danni. I think theres something your mother has to say.." Danjur raised an eyebrow. Dream cleared her throat. "Danni honey I'm sorry." Danjur could tell it wasn't sincere. "Save it." Danjur was tired of trying and end up burned in the end. "I can never do enough for the infamous Danjur Cara Keli!" Danjur scoffed. She pulled on her coat. "I never asked you for shit but attention and love but even then you were to drunk off your ass to do that." She spat at her. Dream looked at Danjur in disgust. "I will not apologize for being your mother or being human. I will not." Dream said through her teeth. "I'm over it. I'm tired of trying. I can't seem to get your stamp of approval." She chuckled. "The only thing you did I was proud of was be with Tyler. At least he put you in your place." Danjur laughed and shook her head. Nick had been trying to break it up but once she brought up the Tyler situation even he was hurt. Dream knew it was a touchy subject and she knew it was a still stinging open wound. "You know that's funny. This is the same Tyler who broke my ribs, my wrist, gave me a concusion, basically damn near killed me almost everyday for almost 2 years. The same bastard who made me miscarry after he raped me! You are more of a sad sadistic twisted sorry excuse of a human being than I thought. No wonder you turned to drinking. It's the only way you can live with yourself. You and Tyler deserve each other." She stomed off with her coat,phone snd clutch in her arms. "That was entirely too far Dream. She's your child not some stranger. I don't even know you anymore." Nick walked off before she could speak to find his daughter.