Chapter 9

Danjur decided to babysit for Pati since they were still gift wrapping and wanted to suprise the kids. "Aunti Danni, I can't reach." Cara whined as she tried to reach the top of the tree. Danjur walked over to the little girl and picked her up as she placed her homemade ornament on the tree. Danjur waited to decorate the tree just for her niece and nephew. "The tree looks good guys." Tru called as he walked back into the living room with a tray of hot chocolate for the kids and spiked apple cidar for the adults. "Is Q coming over for Christmas?" Danjur looked over her shoulder with a small smile. "Yea. I think his family is coming as well and Pop since he's alone right now." Danjur felt guilty and bad that her father was alone on Christmas. Thos they decorated with the kids she could tell he missed their mother. "Ma is coming home for tomorrow then she has to go back that night." Danjur gave a small smile. Her mother was only there for a few days and she thought it was too soon to be coming home for visits but everyone needed happiness and family this time of the year and in this situation. "That's good." Danjur went to sit on the couch as Tru and the kids finished decorating the tree. "Danni you want to put on the star?" Tru asked and she nodded and smiled. "You know you're gonna have to pick me up right?" She said with a smirk to Tru. He rolled his eyes and picked her up by her legs as she placed the star at the top of the tree. "It's pretty." Carson called out. She kissed his head. "It is. You both did a very good job. Now go on up and get ready for bed with Uncle Tru and I'll bring you guys a cookie before bed." They took off running as giggles could be heard through the house.

Danjur made her way to the kitchen to finish starting on tomorrows dinner and get the twins cookies ready. She decided to call her father to make sure he was still coming tomorrow. "Hey Danni." She smiled as she wiped her hands. "Hey Popeye. I was calling to make sure you were still coming for dinner and gifts tomorrow." Tho Nick missed his wife, he loved that the kids still continued Sunday dinner and wanted to include him in the festivities for tomorrow. "I'll be there with more gifts than necessary." They chuckled. "How are you holding up old man?" Danjur knew it was a tough question but Nick was a fighter and could get through this with no problems. "I'm here. Not necessarily happy but not sad either." Danjur nodded, understanding her fathers dilemma. "She's gonna be okay Pop. Just give her time. She needs to get better." He father sighed. "I'll be there bright and early for breakfast and dinner." Danjur was now content to continue her cooking. "See you tomorrow pop. Merry Christmas." He returned the cheer. "See you tomorrow. Merry Christmas to you too."

Danjur was so into her cooking after her phoe call that she forgot about the twins cookies until they came down to the kitchen with Quincy standing behind them. "Hey love bugs. Ready for bed?" They nodded with smiles. She reached out for them and they ran right into her arms. She kissed both of their cheeks. "Here. Eat one cookie then put the rest on the table by the tree for Santa and off to bed." They giggled and smiled as she handed them one of the homemade sugar cookies they'd made earlier in the day. Once they finished she took them upstairs and placed them in the guest room with a nightlight. Kissing their head and singing Silver Bells until they fell asleep. She made her way back downstairs and back into the kitchen to see Quincy with an apron around his waist and he was stirring the greens. She smiled at the sight and got a picture, placing it on her instagram and tumbler. She wrapped her arms around his waist and layed against his back. She sighed contently. "Tired?" She nodded. "Go take a shower and I'll be up by the time you're done." She pecked his lips and walked off. Quincy placed the Turkey in the bottom of the fridge and a big bowl containing the green on the top. He washed the dishes and cleaned the rest of the kitchen. He went to the garage and got 3 bags of gifts out of his car, placing them under the tree.

After eating a couple of the cookies and drinking half the milk for the kids happiness he went upstairs and sat on the bed just as Danjur was coming out wrapped in a towel. She looked at him and smiled. She pulled on a t-shirt of his and straddled his lap. He snapped a couple pictures of them with her face in the crook of his neck and posted them to her page. Danjur was finally comfortable with the idea of them being known as an item. He held her as she rested comfortably the way she was. "How was your day?" He asked. She smiled into his neck. "The kids kept me busy all day. As you can see." He chuckled. "It looks very professionally done. Even the inside decorations." She chuckled. "I thought they were never going to crash. I don't see how Pati does that and still have energy afterwards." She whined. Danjur loved her niece and nephew. Adopted or not, they were apart of her and her heart would break if anything was to happen to them. "You'll make a great mother Danni." She smiled and looked at him. "You think so?" She asked with a smirk. He nodded and pecked her cheek. "Good because I think you would be a wonderful father." He smiled and kissed her sweetly. "I love you Danni." She looked at him and smiled. "I love you too Q."

He wrapped his arms around her tightly and stood with her legs still tightly wrapped around her waist. "Quincy, what are you doing?" She looked at him as he continued to walk with out of the room and down the stairs holding her like a little kid. "I have a gift I want you to open now." She smiled like a little kid seeing santa for the first time. "Well lead the way Mr.Hilson." He chuckled and pecked her lips as he placed her on the couch. She unwrapped herself from around him and sat with her feet folded under her as Quincy went over to the tree. I wanted to find you something that explained us but not something that was extreme." She nodded as she unwrapped the gift to see a diamond heart pendentd with their picture from his parents suprise party. She smiled and thanked him over and over again. "It's beautiful Quincy." He pecked her lips. "I'm glad you like it." He picked her back up after throwing her over his shoulder and took her upstairs, dropping her on the bed. He undressed from his flannel pajama pants, slides and white t-shirt. He climbed in bed and wrapped his arms around her tightly as they fell asleep.

As if on cue the kids burst into Danjur's room at 5 in the morning and jumped in bed. "It's Christmas! It's Christmas!" They chanted, jumping up and down in the bed. Danjur groaned as they countinued the bouncing. Quincy wrapped his arms around both of them after pulling on his flannel pants and shirt. "Ok munckins let's go ahead downstairs and let Auntie Danni some down in a minute." She sat up on the side of the bed as they were leaving. She stood and went to brush her teeth. She ran her hands through her hair and splashed her face with water. She pulled on some shorts and her favorite UGG boots and walked downstairs. "Auntie Danni, look what I got!" Carson yelled. "Me too!" She smileed as she ruffled their hair. "That's nice. What else did Santa bring?" She asked just as her best friends, Nick and Patience and her husband Jake walked through the door along with Quincy's family following behind. "Mommy! Daddy!" The twins took off, tackling their parents causing them to drop some gifts. Danjur got up and walked over to Nick, hugging him tightly. No words were exchanged.

After opening so many gifts and over piling the trash cans with boxes and paper, Danjur and Patience served breakfast. After breakfast Patience warmed up the food and finished cooking while Danjur went to get dressed. Once she pulled on her boots, the door bell rang and she heard alot of commotion going on downstairs. She walked down to see her mother standing in the living room talking to the grandkids. Dream looked up uneasily and cleared her throat. "Danjur. You look beautiful." Danjur nodded. "You look good mommy." They didn't hug or say anything further. The tension was thick and the awkward. "Dinner is served!" Patience called from the kitchen. Everyone said grace and passed food around until they were stuffed. They decided to watch Christmas rooms in the theater room. Soon after the kids fell asleep so Patience and Jake decided to take the home. They piled the car up with toys and other gifts, hugging and saying their goodnights. Nick decided to take Dream home with him before it was time for her to return to rehab. Quincy's mother complimented her on dinner and breakfast before they all left. Tru went out with friends leaving Danjur and Quincy in the house to themselves.

Danjur flopped down on the couch and sighed. Quincy chuckled as he stood in front of her. Music was still playing in the background. Quincy grabbed her hand and held her to his chest closely. She laid her head on his shoulder as the gentely rswayed to the soft slow music. "Are you trying to seduce me Mr.Hilson. He chuckled and pecked her cheek before responding. "You and I both know that's not necessary Ms.Keli." She giggled and laid her head back on his shoulder. "Were you happy about today's turn out?" She nodded and smiled. "Despite the differences between my mother and I. I really enjoyed today and it was really nice to see my dad truly smile. Your family being here was a very nice touch. It felt complete." He simply nodded in agreement, still swaying her around the room. "I'm glad love. It turned out very well." Danjur looked at the twinkle in his eyes and was naturally happy. "Your friends are a real trip." Danjur giggled and nodded. "Yeah, that they are. We've been best friends since highschool. All of our businesses are pretty much mended together." He nodded in amusement of seeing the four of them together. He had enjoyed quite the scene while they joked and played with the kids and adults. They were finally in bed, wrapped in each other comfortably and content. Quincy was running a hand through Danjur's hair as she began to fall asleep. "Merry Christmas Danni." He told her one last time before kissing her cheek and slipping a prominse ring onto her finger and drifting off to sleep himself.