Chapter 13

Danjur sat in the car and cried. She was distraught that she was unable to start the car and drive the 20 minutes home. Once she had finally called herself down she soothed herself as she felt fluttering in her tummy. She weakly smiled to herself. As she pulled and took calming breaths. Knowing herself and the emotional wreck she was in at the moment she knew as soon as she stepped in the house she was going to break down in front of Quincy all over again. It had began to pour and she took her precious time walking up the walk way. Quincy stood quietly in the door waiting for her with open arms. As soon she reached him she began to sob again. He lovingly wrapped his arms around her drenched body and carried her inside. He took her upstairs and peeled the now wet dress off of her and pulled one of his t-shirts over her head. He placed the towel on the pillows and laid her in bed. He climbed in bed beside her in on his boxer briefs. She continued to sob on him and he held her, contently rubbing circles in her spine.  She had finally calmed down for the third time. "How could she do that?" He didn't speak a word. He knew she needed to get her thoughts out so he let it run it's course. He stayed quiet and continued to hold her as her rant continued. "What kind of person does that to their children and not care? She stood in my face and blamed him for every wrong thing that has happened in her life. She made it seem as if she had no flaws. The look in her eyes as she spoke were dead. It was as if she truly didn't care." Danjur sighed and pushed her hair out of her face. "I gave Popeye the sonogram." She said quietly and looked up at Quincy as he looked down at her surprised. "I left before he could respond." She answered before he could ask. "I don't know if I'm more hurt that she didn't care or the fact that she knows that it was wrong and still blames everyone else so easily." By now her anger had simmered and she was a lot calmer than before. Quincy softly stroked her hair as she subconsciously rubbed her belly and began to fall asleep. "Promise we won't end up like them. That we'll do so much better." He sighed, kissed her hair and spoke. "That is something you will never have to worry about. You'll be the best mother you can be with me here to support you through it all." She smiled and snuggled closer to him. She wrapped an arm around him and took a deep breath as his scent filled her nostrils, as she drifted to sleep.

Nick looked at Dream once Danjur walked out the door. "You just can never be satisfied unless someone else is miserable. Doesn't it bother you that your own daughter dislikes you?" Dream folded her arms. "That ungrateful little brat has always been dramatic and given me hell but Nicholas was always there to swoop in and make it all better for her." He was shocked by what he was hearing from his wife. "She was a child Dream. I'm her father. What was I supposed to do?" Dream scoffed. "You did exactly what you wanted. I was stuck with those kids alone! My family disowned me because of a man who left me with 3 toddlers! I was alone!" She screamed. "I was there! I picked up the pieces where their mother should have been. She was to busy drinking to take notice that all they ever wanted was her attention. Even for 5 minutes. They didn't ask for much. If anyone is being an ungrateful brat here dream it's you. She is going to be a mother. I am beyond proud of the woman she is because I know I helped her get there. She found someone who loves her and wants to be there. Don't try to break her if that." He placed the sonogram in her hands and kissed her tear strained cheeks as he headed back upstairs to go to bed. Dream sat at the bottom of the stairs crying and staring at the sonogram. She was completely lost.

Danjur woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. She walked in the bathroom and saw that she looked like hell. She had raccoon eyes and extreme bed head. Her eyes were puffy and red, get face was blotched and she looked like Rudolph. She turned on the shower after brushing her teeth and washing her face. She had clients and she was determined to get through the day without letting her mother's heartless words get to her. Quincy had radio interviews and a tv interview to attend so he wasn't there to make all the noise she's so used to. After getting dressed and doing something to get hair she did applied natural makeup and headed out the door. Arriving at the photo shoot a little early she set up and responded to a few emails. She sent baby shower sonogram invitations in the mail as a save the date and would inform them on the gender soon. Her client stepped in and her face lit up. "Danni!" Kelly exclaimed as she walked to get with open arms. "Congratulations honey." She placed her hand on Danjur's rounding tummy. "Thanks. How have you been? We haven't seen each other in forever." They caught up as she changed and sat in the chair for hair and make up. "I'm so happy for you and Quincy. Oh my gosh I'm so excited." Danjur giggled. "Thank you. I'm a little nervous. All of this is so new to me. Living together, engagement, marriage, kids and a career. It's kind off scary." Kelly grabbed her hands. "You are going to make an amazing mother and wife. That kid and Quincy are lucky to have you. You're happy. Stay that way." Danjur thanked her as she wiped a few tears. After the shoot she headed to the office to meet with a new potential client. After 2 meetings she headed to the television studio Quincy was currently filming live. As he was about to perform Danjur walked in stage. The crowd erupted with cheers. "Welcome, welcome." She chuckled. "Thanks for having me." She turned to Quincy "Are you surprised?" He chuckled and nodded. "Very." He kissed her lips. The audience awed. "So you guys have been making a lot of buzz with your home videos. The fans love it and you both are like the most adorable things on earth. So we have a clip of a recent video of Danjur sleeping and Quincy taking to your belly. I don't think she's seen this one." Everyone laughed. "No I haven't seen that one." They rolled the clip. "Hey baby. Your daddy here. Just wanted to let you know how lucky you are to have this beautiful woman as your mommy. We're going to love you and support you in anything you choose to be in life. Your mom is the most amazing person I have ever met and I'm lucky to have her. You're gonna make her a amazing mother. It may not seem like it now but you're already loved." The clip ended and Danjur was in tears as she cupped Quincy's face and kissed him as they all cheered. " I love you so much." She turned to Wendy. "He has helped me through so much and what a lot of people don't understand is that me and Quincy have been best friends for years so this isn't a rushed relationship. Like he really knows me and I wouldn't change a thing. Marrying him is what I want and having this baby with him will only make the adventure much more interesting." The crowd loved seeing them together. "Well folks what better way to end this show than by having Quincy here perform.