Chapter 13: Forced Date

Walking up the same steps and knocking at the familiar door, but yet Masaki no longer felt welcome. He hasn't felt welcome in his own home for a while now.

The door opened and was greeted by a friend, "Welcome back, Mister Ishida and Dr. Asahina. Master Ishida is waiting for you in his study."

"Thanks Stevenson. I'm sorry for the trouble I caused," Masaki disclosed, genuinely sorry for what he did. "I don't know how you dealt with me for 10 years." Stevenson sent him a sincere smile and a light bow.

"I'll be going to your mom's room for her checkup. I hope you clear everything with your dad," Masaomi stated his farewell and departed.

Masaki mentally prepared himself for his dad's anger as he entered his study. But no matter how much he prepared himself, he wasn't ready of what he saw.

"Son! Right on time. I thought you and Reina should get to know each other, so I invited her over," Mr. Ishida joyfully stated. Only Masaki could realize his smile was just a facade. In reality his eyes scanned Masaki, sending waves of disapproval to him. How could he not, his son was dressed like he just woke up in front of his future wife.

Reina gracefully approached Masaki, "Hello, I'm Reina Ueda. I don't think we formally met yet." She extended her hand for a handshake.

He slightly pushed her away and approached his father instead, "You needed to see me?"

His father stood up and place his arm over Masaki's shoulder, "Yes, I did." He led him out of the room, "Excuse us, Reina. Make yourself comfortable, Masaki will be back." She nodded silently and returned back to her seat.

"Father, what-" Masaki was quickly silenced by his father's slap in the face. "What was that-" another slap followed, once again silencing him.

"The first one was for dressing like a slob, you have a status to uphold. The second one was for the way you treated Reina, she is your fiancé. Now change into the clothes Stevenson left in your room, so you can take Reina to a date." He re-entered his study with one last demanded for Masaki, "And this time treat her properly, if you don't..." His father didn't need to finish his sentence, he more or less already knew what he would do if he failed to comply.

Masaki walked into his room and just like what his father said a pair of clothes were already waiting for him on his bed. It was obvious Stevenson picked the clothes out, everything to the color of his tie suited him. He changed into khaki pants and a vest with an emerald green bowtie that made his eyes pop. He admired himself in the mirror for a moment and couldn't help but admit that he looked attractive. He sighed and thought about how Reina wasn't the girl he wanted to look good for.

Masaki swallow his feelings and left his room only to be greeted by his dad and Reina. By reflex, he extended his arm for Reina and just like his father, he wore his mask of fake smiles. "Shall we go?" Reina graciously accepted his arm and looped her arm with his.

"Have a fun and Reina please inform me if Masaki is anything other than a gentleman," His father asked politely, but sent glares towards Masaki.

"Of course," She slightly giggled, thinking of it as only a joke.

"Oh, father you're such a joker," Masaki sarcastically laughed with her. "I think it's about time we go." He quickly tried to end their conversation and escorted Reina inside the limo.

Mr. Ishida waved to them until they were out of sight. He couldn't help thinking that Masaki would leave Reina with a bad impression, but he had other things to worry about. He turned back around and went in the one room that held his largest weakness, his wife's bedroom.