Chapter 12: The Aftermath

"Cheers!" Miwa held her wine glass in the air, "To family." The family followed her actions and raised their glasses with only the age appropriate brothers having actual alcohol.

"Hey, Louis. Let me have a sip will you," Fuuto bugged him for a drink.

"Sure," He switch glasses with Fuuto.

Fuuto had a look of accomplishment and proudly took a large gulp of Louis' drink. He took a second to analyze the flavor and was sadly disappointed. "This is just sparkling water!" He handed the glass back to Louis after he finished his drink.

"You're underage, you're not allowed to consume alcohol," argued Ukyo staying true to the law.

Tsubaki, Azusa, and Natsume glared at Ukyo and rolled their eyes at him. "How about us? We're well over the age of twenty and yet we're not even allowed to drink at this party." Tsubaki pouted taking a sip of his sparkling water.

"Last time you drank, you were more childish than Kaname. At least Kaname wouldn't have dragged Yuki into your little drinking party," Ukyo said his lawyer side showing a little.

"How about Subaru? He was also part of the drinking party, why aren't you keeping a close eye on him?" Natsume questioned, annoyed that free alcohol is being handed out, but Ukyo is keeping him from enjoying it.

"Subaru's a strict athlete, he would never drink unless it's a special occasion. I don't have to worry about him," Ukyo teased them by waving his drink in front of their faces.

"In reality, it's all Yuki's fault," Fuuto said in Yuki's direction trying to catch her attention. "I mean if she was more careful, then Ukyo wouldn't be punishing you guys. Why isn't Yuki affected? She was also part of it?"

Yuki knew as well that if she was a little bit more carefully, then her brothers wouldn't be in trouble. "Ukyo, Fuuto's right. I need to be punished, too." Yuki felt bad and she knew Fuuto was right.

"No, Yuki. You weren't part of it. We dragged you into trouble," Azusa sent her a smile to ease her worries. "Besides if anyone were to be blamed, then it'd Tsubaki for giving you alcohol in the first place."

The whole table stared at Tsubaki, who was flirting with a female waiter hoping to get alcohol from her. He whispered into her ear, causing her to giggle and give him a glass of wine. Ukyo sent him heated glares and he innocently returned the glass as if he didn't nothing wrong.

"I agree with Azusa," Ukyo admitted reassuring Yuki.

Fuuto rolled his eyes, "You guys seem to give Yuki special treatment. Why? She's not even our real sister and we barely know anything about her."

"T-then what do you want to know about me?" Yuki was convinced on making Fuuto accept her.

He took his phone out and went to a picture of Nathan, "Who's this guy then?"

Yuki became shocked when Fuuto showed her the picture, "He's Nathan. He's my musical partner, he plays the violin." A smile slow formed on her face, her eyes dazed, recalling memories of him. "We've been friends, since we were kids. I met him when he vacationed-"

"That's not what I mean. What's your relationship with him?" Fuuto asked, gathering the other brothers' attention with his question.

"He's a friend," Yuki smiled still thinking about him. "He's my best friend. He was actually the reason I learned to play the violin and piano. I first learned the violin, but-"

"Stop lying!" Fuuto jumped up from his seat, shaking the table. "I know he's your boyfriend!"

Masaomi grabbed his arm pulling him back to his seat, "Fuuto don't act out. We're here for Mom, let's not do something that might give her a bad reputation," He said in a hush tone. Fuuto slowly nodded, actually listening to his big brother.