Back to School

It's really disturbing when everyone's focus is on you, right? EXTREMELY disturbing! It's as if they're watching your every move, waiting for you to say or do something.

I noticed that all pairs of eyes were focused on me, including Plump's angry eyes that didn't seem best pleased with me when I walked in.

I stayed very quiet and not moving. I wasn't giving anyone satisfaction! It carried on like this for a little too long until Plump started calling out the register.

"Steve Richards." Called Plump.

"Good morning, Miss. Plump." Said Steve.

"Good morning." Replied Plump.

It's what we usually do. Personally, I don't see the point in it. I think we should be able to carry on throughout the school years without attendance awards. When I get those certificates, which I usually do, it's like... paper?

I come to school... for paper? But hey, I don't mind school one bit. In fact I think it's pretty cool! Hanging out with your friends, discovering talents, all sorts!

"Lee." Said Plump through gritted teeth.

I couldn't help but notice that she still looks upset. Maybe it's something to do with outside school? Omigod! That HAD to be it! No wonder she's upset because no one's even bothering to pay attention to her.

I think I single-handedly, dunno how, grabbed everyone's attention.

"Good morning, Miss. Plump." I said sympathetically, "I really hope you do have a good morning and evening!" I truly meant it.

Why is it that everyone started chuckling again? It's like day-ja-vu! I like that word. Day-ja-vu! Day-ja-vu! Day-ja-vu!

I was busy humming to myself until I met eyes with Plump's glare.

"I really hope so too, Lee." Plump replied. I smiled assuring her she will. My ears worked overtime because I heard her mutter, "I doubt it."

Poor woman! How awful is it to have something truly bad happening to you and you have to wake up at what, like 6? In the morning! Dad always has to wake up early and he seems ultra bothered about it. Then you have to drive all the way to school and pretend that everything's alr-

Mia? She looks so pale! Paper-white! It's really heartbreaking to see her all down and upset.

I put my arms around her, "Yo Mia, you ok?"

Mia shrugged my arms away furiously, still looking down, not daring to face me.

"Mia?" I said, confused with her unusual behavior, she's never like this!

"Do I look O-K?" She snapped.

I guess not. Something must be bothering her.

Don't worry I found out eventually. Well, not the whole.

It all started off like this:

Plump told us to write a poem for this poetry competition thingy.

Mia immediately got on with her work. Strange.

MIA N-E-V-E-R WORKS! It's usually me, the one who tells her to get on with the work!

She wouldn't talk to me. Weird.

EXTREMELY WEIRD! She's CONSTANTLY talking to me. If it's anyone that should get told off, it should be Mia not me!

After she stopped writing, I assumed she was finished so I asked to read her poem.

She kept shaking her head and told me to bog off.

When Plump asked who wanted to read their poetry, I raised my hands and said, "Mia would like to."