What's Wrong with Mum?

I charged into my room and found Robo Lee searching through my drawers. Robo Lee immediately hid her hands behind her back. I knew she was hiding something from me. It's what I always do when I'm hiding objects behind my back. Mostly Mum's yummy cookies.

"Lee! Didn't see you coming!" Robo Lee said, laughing nervously.

"I know. I'm awesome when it comes to catching robots stealing stuff from me!" I truly meant it. I felt really proud of myself when Robo Lee sighed and gave me my big metal scissors back.

I held it in arm's length and looked at it, confused. "What were you going to do with my scissors?"

"I just wanted to..." Robo Lee paused and then said, "...use the scissors for cutting... stuff."

"Oh? Well, I suppose that's OK!" I gave her the scissors back. Robo Lee smiled her eyes going bright red.

What was it she said? Robots eyes go red because... they're thinking of something evil? I seriously wonder what she's thinking! Maybe she's thinking of a way to defeat robotic Bethany. I hope, whatever it is, that robotic Bethany's death isn't so harsh. After all, she sort of is... my sister? I mean, course she's not the real Bethany! But after all this, I think I might have some sort of connection with her.

It feels right. You may think, why not Robo Lee? But she altogether is something different. Robotic Bethany, however, is something... she's a something alright!

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Mum screaming. Hasn't she stopped yet? What could be bothering her?

I grabbed Robo Lee by the wrist and put a finger to my mouth, indicating her to stay quiet. Robo Lee nodded her head slightly and then we listened carefully.

"Look - It's not your fault! You didn't know."

"It is! It is! My poor baby! How could I have not known?"

"Stop blaming yourself! At least she's alright."

"She won't be for long! She's in too much danger!"

I looked and Robo Lee, confused. Robo Lee looked just as confused.

"Don't worry! She's a strong girl, and you know it."

"Do I? I don't know anything! Why must I be so stupid? - I bet you I'm the reason where Lee gets her stupidity from!"

My heart sank when she said that. I'm not stupid. Why does she always say I am? Robo Lee put an arm on my shoulder and gave it a little squeeze. I gave her a small smile and carried on listening.

We listened for quite a while. Mum eventually quietened down. Robo Lee and I couldn't help but notice that she calmed down when Bethany came in.

I waited for the usual telling off from Mum. She's always telling Bethany off when she comes back from an after school detention.

It was surprising when Mum just quietened down like that. If anything, I thought she'd go even louder!

Robo Lee didn't get it. She suggested that may be it was because they were talking about Bethany. I gave it a thought. Yes, it had to be. They were discussing Bethany! But, it's not normal for them to shut up. I mean, they always talk about me in front of me!

Everyone does!

*************************************************************

I had to go downstairs and have dinner with the family. It was... you could say... awkward.

I left Robo Lee in my room and told her to feel free to browse round. I left her with strict instructions, for her not to come out and to be very quiet.