Shenanigans

I decided to inform Mum and Dad about Bethany. I had to make sure they were alright. God knows what she'll do if she gets her hands on them! Maybe even more worse with what she did with me!

I had to get my hands on that bat. Maybe it was her secret weapon; I know this kind of stuff. Usually, the bad guys all lose, right? That's because they all have a weak point!

Bethany's evil robot probably relies on her bat with her life! So if I take it away from her, then I can easily destroy her!

"Mum! Dad!" I called desperately, running into the living room seeking high and low. It didn't take me that long to find them.

"I have something important to tell you!" I yelled, waving my hands about frantically, trying to grab their attention.

"Lee! Where did you go?" Barked Mum, chopping onions violently. I imagined her thinking my head was there, ready for her to chop.

"Mum! Listen to me! Bethany is an evil robot, OK? She's here to defeat humans and take over the world and th-"

"Ridiculous! Stop talking shenanigans!" Interrupted Mum rudely.

Shenanigans? That's something new.

"I"m speaking English," I said slowly for Mum to understand, "Where's Dad? He'll understand what I'm saying!"

"No, don"t you dare interrupt your father. He's very busy right now and doesn't need to be irritated!"

"But Mum!" I whined.

"No buts!" Snapped Mum.

I was really annoyed with Mum. She's always telling me to do something good for once, and here I am granting her wish, and this is how she's treating me!

How absurd. (Quoting Plump)

Just then Dad comes rushing in and gave Mum a panicky look. Mum's eyes widen a little, but she quickly shot me a glance and kept her face firm as she stared back at Dad.

"Shannon, we have a problem." Dad said his voice all wobbly and shaky.

"Oh...? Lee, if you don't mind. Could you please leave?" Said Mum, wiping her hands down the front of her. "Let's get Cooking." Apron.

"No! I need - I have to tell you something!"

"Can it wait?" Asked Dad in his warning tone.

"No! It's important you hear!" I insisted, giving him a desperate pleading look. I saw Dad giving Mum a hesitant look and then turned his attention back to me and sighed.

"OK, make it quick though."

Victory!

"You see, there are two versions of Bethany!"

"What?" Said Dad looking confused as ever. Mum nudged him in the ribs and told me to carry on.

I smiled because finally Mum was paying attention. At last.

"One is a robot and the other is the real Bethany!" I said looking behind me, worried that Bethany might be eavesdropping.

She always eavesdrops. I can't blame her; it's really hard not to overhear other people conversations especially if it involves you.

One time I heard two girls talking about me. They only whispered my name but I still heard, because it's natural, right?

"... OK. Gotcha, we'll do something about it... err, later?" Said Dad looking at his watch, "Now if you mind, I'd like to talk to your mother. Alone."

"Sure, but-" Mum and Dad both let out an irritable groan. I pretended not to hear that. "Be careful."